Berkshire Healthcare are seeking an organised and motivated person for a Band 6 Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist role in the Physiotherapy Outpatient team. The successful candidate will be required to work at West Berkshire MSK Physiotherapy Department / Dellwood Physiotherapy Unit. A B5 / 6 Development role could alternatively be considered and we would welcome applications on this basis.
We receive a wide variety of referrals from GP surgeries, orthopaedic clinics and from the Trusts Specialist Spinal Service (IPASS) and MSK Community Specialist Service (CSS). We have excellent clinical and administrative teams ranging from Bands 3 - 7 and you will have access to Band 7 Clinical Specialist Physiotherapists for supervision and In-Service Training as well as links with a team of 24 APPs in IPASS and CSS.
The successful candidate will need to be committed to providing high quality, effective assessment and physiotherapy treatment, promoting self-management and empowerment of your patients. They should demonstrate postgraduate experience for a minimum of 12 months and a passion for musculoskeletal out-patients.Main duties of the job
The3 must haves for you to be considered for this role:
- To work as a senior physiotherapy practitioner to provide a high quality, responsive outpatient physiotherapy service for adults & children with musculoskeletal & orthopaedic conditions
- To provide a high standard of physiotherapy assessment, treatment and caseload management
- To undertake all aspects of clinical duties as an autonomous practitioner working without direct supervision.
- To be involved in supervision and education of junior physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, technical instructor, work experience students and physiotherapy students
- High quality assessment and treatment skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
For our people who work here that means we want Berkshire Healthcare to be a great place to work where everyone can thrive and grow. Some of the benefits of joining our team:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Salary ranging from �37,162- �44,629per annum (incl of HCAS)
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave - 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff.
- And so much more
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HPC Registration
- Postgraduate / undergraduate experience in musculoskeletal / orthopaedic out patients
- Postgraduate experience for a minimum of 12 months
- Experience of working in UK health systems / NHS
- Postgraduate experience covering core rotations
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- CSP membership
- Membership of relevant Special Interest Group
- Evidence of CPD in a portfolio including attendance at recent postgraduate courses relevant to the clinical field / reflective practice in this clinical field.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Supervision of juniors / assistants / students
- Experience of delegating tasks
- Sound knowledge of Physiotherapy in the relevant area
- Knowledge of this post and Trust
- Self-directed learning
- Knowledge of Problem solving & Critical Appraisal
- Awareness of relevant National and local policies and guidelines relevant to the area
- Able to present information, written and orally, in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and legal responsibilities of the role and its implications for services.
- Competent IT skills
- Good Flexible and Adaptable time management
- Ability to contribute positively to team working / team morale
- Willingness to take directions / constructive criticism
- Willingness to learn
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Ability to travel between multiple sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Presentation Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain judgement under pressure
- Demonstrate appropriate use of initiative
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
MSK Physiotherapy - West
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.