The position of Domestic manager available will report to the Domestic and Portering Services Lead and will focus on the day-to-day operational coordination of all hotel services. These individuals will ensure all duties are undertaken in accordance with procedure documentation and duty lists provided for each area in an appropriate and timely fashion. There is specific emphasis on ensuring a responsive, flexible, customer focused service that is compliant with all legal requirements and service standards.Main duties of the job
The post is for an Domestic manager who will focus on the day to day operational coordination of all hotel services including Housekeeping and Main Reception. The candidate would need to be able to work flexible hours to ensure this 24 hour service is maintained to the standards required.
We are looking for candidates with a proven supervisory experience of working within the Facilities Industry, ideally this position would suit someone with both a project management and operational backgroundAbout us
Our values underpin everything we do. Our staff are committed to delivering the following values in everything they do.
Our ICARE values have been created by our staff and are embedded in our appraisal and planning processes and form part of our staff excellence awards.
We have an excellent reputation for being innovative, responsive and flexible to the changing clinical needs of the local population. We are treating more patients than ever before and are dedicated to improving services to deliver the best for our patients.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Oversee day to day running of Site Domestic Services in respect of Domestic services Service Delivery
Managing People and Resources
- Evaluate ideas for additional scope of work and additional opportunities for services and recommend to the service lead as appropriate.
- Continued improvement across all aspects of the Domestic services through innovation and efficiencies.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills i.e., maintaining a high profile with service users and to be approachable to all levels of Trust staff, patients, and members of the general public
- To maintain a constructive and professional employee relations climate within the department and liaise with the elected officials of recognised Trade Unions
- To perform Domestic service line tasks, all shift supervisors tasks when required
- Be responsible for the departmental budget in line with allocated budget costs
- Proactively manage quality of service and introduce innovations in line with the internal customer and Trust requirements
- Plan staffing rosters to provide a 24/7 service ensuring safe and appropriate skill mix. Responsible for adjusting the roster according to service requirements
- Check and report faults in associated all equipment, including the fabric of the building throughout the hospital and local health services
- To liaise with the staff in the Estates Department in relation to the maintenance and repair of equipment, logging a job and following up to task completion
- To use the CARPS database to analyse workload demand and capacity of the Domestic team, to make recommendations for service improvements
- Order/manage uniforms supply/returns, PPE for Domestic staff. Check invoices for accuracy and payment as directed by the Service Lead
- Assume full responsibility for management of Domestic services against the scope/specification of work
- Develop of a Domestic services improvement plan with the service lead
Policy and Service Development
- Manage the day to day running of the Domestic service.
- To take full control and deputise in the absence of the Portering and Domestic Lead
- Participate in and organise the recruitment of staff, induction, and training of new staff
- To be responsible for the appraisal and development of all Domestic staff
- Manage and ensure the Domestic service team maintain proper standards of conduct at work
- Implementation of grievance and disciplinary procedures, reporting of accidents and ensuring satisfactory working conditions.
- To maintain accurate compliance documentation relating to salaries, wages, staff sickness, staff leave and other absences
- Maintenance of staff records relating to departmental information necessary to operate the department effectively.
- To monitor and manage staff attendance, ensuring that return to work interviews are completed and recorded
- Leading on day-to-day work within the Trust to tackle violence against Staff and Professionals in accordance with the SMS national framework and guidance
Training and Teaching
- To assist and prepare and the development of all work procedures and policies, relevant to the domestic department.
Financial Reporting and Compliance Administration
- To train any new staff providing ongoing day-to-day support and guidance
- Delivery of continued safety awareness to all staff and engage in weekly positive safety conversations and Toolbox Talks
- People resource management - including coaching, development, employee engagement and succession planning
- Be responsible for the leadership of all employees including effective resource management, recruitment, induction, PDRs, development, coaching and performance management
- Ensuring that HR procedures are followed and ensuring any people related problems are dealt with in line with policy and procedure
Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Ensures that risk assessments and the ensuing procedural guidance notes are adhered to, and all health and safety legislation is appropriately actioned in accordance with Trust Policies
- Management, reporting and monitoring of performance and accounts to ensure control of spending and budgets
- Forecasting and budgeting and assisting to prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports for Trust management
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the agreed budgeted levels
- Managing compliance including standard operating procedures, purchasing, statutory requirements (health and safety)
- Comply with all Trust policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your workplace and training of staff
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Degree level education or equivalent professional experience
- Management qualification or equivalent professional experience
- BICSc CPSS, NVQ level 3 Knowledge of COSHH
- Proven experience of managing a complex service with a diverse workforce in a customer/patient service environment
- Able to demonstrate ambition and resilience in management and work ethic.
- A good team member with proven ability to lead, motivate, inspire, and support diverse teams.
- An effective communicator (both verbal and written)
- Able to influence and negotiate across a broad scope of staff.
- Effectively able to performance manage others.
- Experience in overseeing staff and implementation of best practices Computer literate in excel and word.
- IOSH Working Safely
- Experience in healthcare environment. Contract and project management skills
- Knowledge of the New National Cleaning Standard 2021
- Able to manage own time and meet deadlines Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients.
- Be flexible in approach to work.
- Show empathy, care and compassion.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and professionally - dealing with stressful and changeable situations.
- Proven excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to respond quickly to problem Ability to adhere to instructions, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to build relationships and show respect for other people Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work as part of a team Excellent customer service skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to function well under pressure.
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.