INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON 22ND FEBRUARY 2023 Band 7 MSK Physiotherapist
A new opportunity has arisen within the HHFT MSK Out Patient Service for a full time MSK clinician based on the Winchester site
Predominantly working as a clinical MSK physiotherapist, you will also act as one of the clinical leads for the Winchester team, offering day to day clinical supervision and support, time will also be given to allow for audit and research based projects aimed at developing and evidencing quality patient care.Main duties of the job
To take a clinical leadership role in managing the delivery of and participating in the delivery of the MSK service .
To take a clinical leadership role in the advanced assessment and treatment of patients within the specialty, and to maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
To provide skilled clinical leadership and be responsible for service development, particularly in relation to evidence based practice, and to set and monitor standards of practice, implementing policy and policy changes in own clinical area.
To take a lead role in supervision and teaching of therapists, students and MDT staff with regards to Therapy practice.
To undertake quality improvement projects to further cross site service development and make recommendations to team lead/service lead and representing the department within the Trust in implementation.About us
The MSK Therapy Team at HHFT provides outpatient and FCP services at Winchester, Basingstoke and Alton sites. We strive to work together and encourage all staff to work towards the HHFT core values: Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. Our Winchester team, where this post will predominantly be based, has a large team of experienced and skilled MSK staff and a well equipped department, large gym and hydrotherapy pool.
What we offer:
Management support to continue your learning. MSK benefits from local clinical Team Lead posts on each site as well as having its own MSK Service Manager for the Trust. As part of Therapy Services, we actively support CPD and encourage a learning environment. Career development opportunities span across the Trust and are supported by our Therapy specific Learning and Development Lead.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationTraining and qualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development including reflective practice, in service training and courses attended and clinical governance gained
- Recognised post-graduate qualification e.g. MSc or equivalent experience
- Member of relevant professional body (RCOT/CSP)
- QI, audit, research qualification
- NHS Leadership qualification
- Broad range of experience including experience at Band 6 level
- Knowledge & experience of a wide range of approaches to patient management, demonstrated by advanced clinical reasoning
- Experience of staff supervision and mentorship including employee relations, performance, conduct and training needs
- Evidence of key involvement in audit, research and or quality improvement projects
- Skills and evidence of service development and research through to implementation
- Previous experience at band 7 level
- Quality improvement and or audit qualifications/training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel between Alton, BNHH (Basingstoke) and RHCH (Winchester) sites as required at short notice.
- Hold a current full manual UK driving licence/have access to own car with business insurance
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.