Our Secondline Team seeks to recruit a highly motivated individual who has the ability and enthusiasm to work in a challenging but equally rewarding IT Department as a Desktop Support Engineer.
The successful candidate will provide technical support to our NHS Partners and Customers across Gloucestershire ensuring continuous improvement to services supporting business continuity.
It is essential that you are customer focused with a user-first approach to deliver service excellence. You must be flexible and deliver high levels of initiative, with the ability to work under pressure, both as an individual and as part of a team. You must possess good communication skills and be able to deal with Users in a pleasant, effective and efficient manner.
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong experience of supporting end users, have an IT related qualification/IT experience. Main duties of the job
The key responsibilities within this role are:
- To analyse and resolve various desktop support issues using both documented guidance and own initiative to meet Service Level Agreements
- Work within Trust and department guidelines, policies, practices and procedures
- Installing and maintaining expensive equipment, in a safe condition for users
- Travel to any IT site within the Trust and County to provide on-site expert technical support
- To participate in the departmental on call rota
The following key skills are required:
- Proven, effective communication skills
- Methodical, analytical, calm, self-motivated and confident demeanour, with the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- High technical ability, strong communication skills together with an ability to troubleshoot and deliver solutions for complex requirements
- Experience of delivering services under SLA and/or project based conditions
- Flexible working and own a full clean UK driving licence
The following skills are desirable:
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical information
- Advanced keyboard skills
- Knowledge of ITIL Frameworks and the application of best practice methodologyAbout us
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post-holder will provide Secondline Support, resolving complex IT incidents. Support will be provided both on site and remotely incidents passed from 1st line support.
This role is highly visible, and requires a combination of technical skills, customer care, and business awareness. The post-holder will be required to respond to service desk calls, monitor other routes to the service desk and record incidents following clearly defined procedures, resolving incidents at first point of contact. Assigned to a zone within the County, the post-holder will be responsible for resolving IT issues within the relevant area(s).Where incidents are more complex in nature the post-holder will be required to investigate possible resolutions until a solution that meets the end-user needs, can be found. At all times, the customer must be kept fully informed of the job reference and indicative resolution time/date.
Monitoring of calls logged will play a key part of this role, to ensure the fair distribution of tasks and that cover arrangements are agreed within the Team.
The post-holder will actively participate in IT project implementation plans.
Post-holders will also be required to be on-call.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. respond to and resolve 2nd line incidents passed on from the Service Desk Operators and IT Engineers investigating and rectifying complex IT issues
2. deliver an excellent quality, client-focused service
3. provide advice and expertise on all aspects of IT used within the organisation
4. provide training and mentorship to new starters or less experienced IT staff in line with the IT Team Skills Development Programme
5. liaise with relevant third party maintenance companys, recording and escalating any hardware/software problems as required
6. update the Service Desk Management System to support the provision of performance statistics
7. be proactive in approach to problem management by identifying multiple instances of incidents, researching possible resolutions in in some cases, undertaking a root cause analysis
8. record resolution details in the service desk management software selecting the relevant resolution categories
9. assign unresolved Incidents to the appropriate specialist IT Team/IT product Engineer
10. communicate with to end-users informing on progress and providing and where possible provide and estimated resolution time
11. escalate major incidents to Problem Management and contribute to major incident reviews where appropriate
12. perform a manual closure of resolved incidents, ensuring the customer is satisfied with the resolution before closing the record
13. conduct User Satisfaction surveys under the instruction of the Service Desk and Desktop Support Manager
14. perform Active Directory administration duties
15. handle fragile components in live environments, replacing live hardware with high degree of precision
16. create and maintain technical procedures and training documentation for use by members of the IT Team
17. carry out Email (including MS Exchange NHS Mail) administration duties, such as mail box creation and updating email distribution groups, unlocking NHS Mail accounts, and password resets
18. On occasion, cover for the Service Desk Operators and IT Engineers
19. manage own workload with minimum supervision
20. contribute to policies and protocols for own work area
21. work autonomously but within departmental procedures
22. establish and maintain positive working relationships within the IT Team, key stakeholders and all Trust departments
23. participate in personal objective setting and reviews that are in line with strategic objectives
24. attend all mandatory training sessions as required by the Trust.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- ITIL Foundation certificate (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or equivalent experience
- Higher National Certificate or Diploma in IT, or equivalent experience
- Recent experience in 2nd or 3rd line support role, including installation and configuration services
- Substantial experience in the use of MS Office applications Office 365
- Demonstrable user support skills
- Using and supporting MS Operating systems such as Windows 10
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role in the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical information
- Ability to explain technical issues in a non technical way to end-users
- Customer Service skills
- Techniques used for software/hardware analysis, diagnostics and resolution Problem solving, logical trouble-shooting and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of IT hardware and software in a support context
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.