MHST lead for Whole school approach and Emotionally based school avoidance Are you passionate about making a difference to the mental health needs of CYP in education settings. You may have experience of working in an MHST or a CAMHS and wanting to work within an MHST Do you want to be part of an innovative, dynamic organisation that is committed to delivering the best care by the best people?
You will need the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake specific work with young people and their families.
To provide overall leadership to the practitioners delivering the whole school approach and the emotionally based school avoidance pathways within the MHSTs.
You will work alongside the WSA/EBSA pathway offer within the MHST, as well as working along side and supporting the Operational managers to develop and introduce the further education pathway.
This is a new post and so you can develop the role alongside the management team within the MHST's
You must be an excellent communicator, be flexible, self motivated and have a willingness to build links with colleagues across team and agencies.Main duties of the job
You will lead on the strategic approach and development of the offer within schools across the Pennine Care footprint. Support the MHSTs to provide appropriate mental health assessments of children and young people referred to the service and provide a range of appropriate, evidence based clinical interventions informed by assessed individual need. You will strive to achieve the best for every young person, show commitment to delivering evidence based practice and have the capability of making clinical decisions around complex and emotive issues, supported by knowledge of relevant legislation and safeguarding in relation to the client group.
You will provide support, advice and consultation to professionals involved in the life of the child/young person and families/carers as appropriate. This post holder will oversee the WSA/EBSA pathways via the Operational managers role in the MHST,as appropriate and provide managerial and clinical supervision as appropriate.
You will work in partnership with the Operational Managers across the Pennine Care footprint and other Operational Leads and will further develop the partnership working that is currently taking place between education, the local authority and GM ICB.About usWe are proud to be the most improved mental health and learning disability trust to work for and the best in the north west (NHS staff survey 2022).
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our #PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
When completing your application, we are looking for how you demonstrate each of the criteria in the person specification, by way of examples. Please use your supporting information section and career history to list these.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Core profession (Social Care, Mental Health Nursing or Learning Disability Nursing) , Occupational Therapist or Social worker plus further short courses and experience to post graduate diploma level
- Willingness to complete supervision course (Post Grad certificate)
- Qualified, BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Qualified systemic family therapist.
- Qualified Clinical Psychologist
- Supervision qualification
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Must demonstrate a working understanding of systemic, psychodynamic and cognitive theories along with recognition of when each approach is appropriate.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working with the WSA and EBSA model.
- Experience of working with Further Education establishments.
- Experience of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions with children and young people with mental health problems and their families.
- Working collaboratively in a multi- disciplinary team
- Working collaboratively with other agencies in a variety of venues.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Ashton - under - lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.