An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual with excellent leadership skills to join Speciality Medicine as Ward Manager on Ward 2 at the Alexandra Hospital.
The successful applicant will act as a senior clinical member of the team, providing advice and support as well as overseeing and holding responsibility for the entire ward and its resources.
Ward 2 is a busy 22 bed acute medical ward that specialises in diabetic and endocrine medicine. We are looking for a highly skilled nurse who is also able to demonstrate progressive skills in leadership as well as a keen interest in maintaining advanced clinical standards in a ward environment.
You will be joining a multidisciplinary team that is committed to the provision of high quality and patient-centred care as well as demonstrating strong collaborative relationships with each department within the Worcestershire Acute Trust.
The successful applicant will work with the ward Matron to promote a culture that fosters staff involvement and a progressive attitude to service improvement, along with taking operational and clinical day to day management responsibility at team level. You will also work collaboratively and co-operatively with others to meet the needs of patients and their families.Main duties of the job
To have continuous responsibility for the ward area providing visible professional leadership and line management for the nursing and support staff.
To act as a role model to all staff on the ward ensuring they are receiving supervision, training and appraisals in line with the Trust policies.
Work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team.
To deliver a high quality and effective operational service to patients with complex needs, in accordance with the principles and objective of the Trust and the vision identified in the service.
To complete the required clinical audits, responding to actions by ensuring compliance with Trust and local Policies and Procedures.
To partake in the site coordinator rota on a regular basis, supporting the leadership of the whole site.About us
Our purpose is simple - Putting Patients First. We are looking for exceptional colleagues who can help us achieve this.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust is a large acute and specialised hospital trust that provides a range of local acute services to the residents of Worcestershire and more specialised services to a larger population in Herefordshire and beyond.
The Trust operates hospital-based services from three sites in Kidderminster, Redditch and Worcester
Our workforce is nearly 6,800 strong, and our caring staff are recognised as providing good and outstanding patient-centred care. You could be one of them.
We are committed to recruiting the best people to work with us to achieve our Vision - working in partnership to provide the best healthcare for our communities, leading and supporting our teams to move 4ward. Our 4ward behaviours, which we ask all staff to demonstrate, underpin our everyday work and remain firmly at the heart of all we do.
Our objectives are simple:
- Best services for local people
- Best experience of care and best outcomes for our patients
- Best use of resources
- Best people
Better never stops, and our Clinical Services Strategy provides a clear future vision for our Trust, our hospitals, our services and our role in the wider health and care system.We are proud to have achieved Timewise accreditation - this means we are committed to embedding flexible working within our organisation as a flex positive employer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advertPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse on sub part 1 of the NMC professional register.
- Degree or working towards
- Evidence of significant Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of management experience / training
- NMC recognised Teaching / Assessing qualification
- Extensive experience at Band 6 within speciality
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Knowledge of quality, standard setting, benchmarking and audit.
- Knowledge of budget management
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience at Band 7 as a team leader
- Strong organisation, administrative and management skills.
- Evidence of being up-to-date with current issues relating to professional practice.
- Can demonstrate practical application of quality standards within the clinical setting e.g. Care Quality Commission, NICE guidance.
- Able to demonstrate effective management of staff processes and performance.
- Evidence of research based practice.
- Organisational skills.
- Fully aware of clinical governance agenda.
- Experience and knowledge within the specialty or related field.
- Proven management skills.
- Able to promote equality, diversity and rights.
- Fully aware of principles of infection control.
- Fully aware of health and safety practices.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced communication skills
- Assertive, enthusiastic, dynamic
- Demonstrate initiative, motivation and ability to put things into practice
- Calm under pressure
- High professional standards
- Committed to quality improvement
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
The Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.