We have an exciting opportunity to join our Trust as Associate Director of Elective Access. Reporting to our Divisional Director for Cancer and Diagnostics, this pivotal role is accountable for the operational management of the Trust's Elective and Cancer care standards, as well as other associated functions such as diagnostics. They will support our leadership teams in the delivery of operational performance, particularly around the delivery of RTT and Cancer pathways. In addition, this role is crucial in supporting our clinical areas in driving forward productivity and efficiency.
We are looking to speak with driven and compassionate leaders who have extensive experience operating at a senior level within healthcare. You will be a supportive leader and bring a successful track record of improving RTT and Non-RTT pathways. We are looking to talk with individuals who have proven experience and ability in managing operational performance with tight financial constraints and who can demonstrate effective budget management across services.Main duties of the job
- Support clinical divisions to achieve the delivery of targets and operational objectives by providing visible and hands on intervention or expertise.
- Support services to report accurately, concisely, and predictively on areas of highlight or exception by providing data analysis, clear and concise information and insight into challenges to enable service and divisional teams to take corrective actions.
- Provide expert knowledge to the organisation on quality standards, operational targets, and performance measurement.
- Deputise for the COO and Divisional Directors in external and internal forums related to operational performance and elective care.
- Manage and support the development of the Trust's performance management framework and underpinning operating processes, cascading through all levels of the organisation.
- Lead on the development and implementation of the trusts Elective Access Policy including training on the policy and operational processes that support elective access.
- Produce high-quality, balanced quantitative and qualitative performance products, including but not limited to Board and sub-committee reports, data driven performance reports to support elective recovery, papers for external audiences, and ad hoc briefings.
- Work with key subject matter experts across the organisation to provide commentary that is action-focused, impact-measurable, forward-looking and time bound.
In return, you can be part of an upward journey. We are welcoming applicants who are passionate about improving the patient experience and who are wanting to progress their careers to board level at one of the UK's leading Trusts.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and welcome applications from underrepresented groups. In recruiting to our Trust, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all. We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We especially welcome applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic heritage, LGBTQ+ communities, and from people with lived experience of disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For Further Information regarding the role please read the attached job Description and Person Specification. Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them.
To apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter to our recruitment partners at Hunter Healthcare via firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the personal specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.