Do you want a better work life balance, no more working nights, or weekends, to be able to work within a supportive team and the opportunity to work autonomously? If the answer is yes, then we want you in our team as a Band 5 Dermatology Staff Nurse.
The Bristol Dermatology Centre (BDC) is a major provider of specialist Dermatology services in the South West Region and is part of the Division of Medicine at UHBW.
Are you a Staff Nurse with dermatology or tissue viability experience, or are you looking for a change in your career? Do you thrive on a challenge?
We are currently undergoing a refurbishment within our department. This will provide a new cutting-edge facility, a development which will match our progressive vision for the future of the service. This refurbishment offers us the opportunity to support more clinics (Face to face and telephone) and an extra biopsy room.
Here in Dermatology Outpatients no two days are the same, in our department we carry out minor surgery for skin cancer, nurse led phototherapy and photodynamic therapy as well as nurse led clinics for the treatment of Acne and wound care.
This is an exciting time to join our team. The successful candidates will receive an induction programme which supports some of the training required for your new role. * Please note previous unsuccessful applicants need not applyMain duties of the jobClinical - Patient Care
- Take charge of the clinical needs of a group of defined patients on the ward /department prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
- Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy.
- Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infection
- Respond positively and act promptly to resolve problems/issues for patients/carers, utilising complaints procedures and PALs where appropriate.
- Identify record and report all incidents/complaints involving staff, patients and visitors in accordance with University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust policies and assist in any investigations as required.
- Assist with the smooth running of the clinical area by carrying out other duties such as unpacking stores, tidying and cleaning up equipment.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and person specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- RGN.1st Level or relevant children's qualification
- Current NMC Registration
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Training Qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant post registration course
- Experience for caring with sick patients in a variety of settings
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of taking charge
- Previous experience of Dermatology specialty
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to take the lead, initiate and ensure appropriate action in response to the deteriorating patient
- Interpersonal skills -Calm Supportive Motivated Professional
- Willingness to develop teaching skills
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to manage difficult situations.
- Awareness of audit & research
- A team player
- Recognition of own limits
- Flexible working practices for 24 hour service
- General good health
- Able to work on feet for long periods
- Aware that the role can be stressful and emotional at times
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.