An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 7 Service Manager for Medicine and Emergency Care to join our existing team of motivated and innovative staff within the Group at Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust.
You will need to demonstrate experience of successful operational management, knowledge of clinical services, possess strong leadership skills, and have a proven track record of delivering results.
You must have current/recent experience working with clinical and operational teams in a large complex acute health care environment with evidence of delivering quality and safety improvement and ensuring there is a strong governance framework supporting safe clinical practice.Main duties of the job
This will be a dynamic role to support the operational priorities of the Cardiology Speciality, while we work through restoration and recovery of our services and transition to the new state of the art Midland Metropolitan University Hospital.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve live Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To ensure the provision and delivery of high quality efficient and effective services within the areas of responsibility.
- In conjunction with clinical and managerial colleagues work to identify and develop opportunities to improve service delivery, in qualitative and efficiency terms, including redesign of services to deliver new models of care.
- Responsible for the delivery of agreed service targets and standards within the Group and taking responsibility for the strategic management of the Groups Waiting List.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clinicians in the Trust.
- Ensure that activity and other data is captured and analysed in a timely manner. Produce performance reports for the group, for-casting trends and developments that may affect service delivery and where appropriate feed this back to the relevant specialty and directorate teams for action.
- Initiate, promote, implement and monitor quality initiatives, approved by the Group Management Team.
- Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the Speciality Lead or the Group Management Team on performance.
- Respond to operational pressures using problem solving skills and resolve any systems/process changes required.
- To facilitate appropriate management of bed utilisation within the Group monitoring key indicators including length of stay etc.
- Management experience in the NHS with responsibility for operational matters including staff management, budgetary responsibility, performance targets, waiting list management, discharge arrangements.
- Proven experience of service development.
- Proven experience of change management ability
- Experience of leading projects.
- Development / implementation of Governance systems and procedures
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Management qualification, MBA or equivalent. or working towards
- Training expertise
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.