An exciting opportunity has become within Wigan All Age Mental Health Liaison Team for a Clinical Lead.
As Clinical Lead, the post holder will provide a specialised role in the development and implementation of services and care pathways for those of all ages with mental health problems within the relevant framework/model for service delivery.
This post is subject to an enhanced with children's and adults barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Successful candidates will either have a valid DBS check with the Trust or will be required to pay for the cost of the DBS Disclosure which is �44.00, the cost of which will be deducted from first salary.Main duties of the job
As Clinical Lead, the post holder will work autonomously taking responsibility for care, quality and clinical activity by providing specialist professional nursing leadership and guidance, clinical advice and management in relation to the key dimensions of health care quality:
- Patient safety
- The effectiveness of all health care interventions
- Patient experience
- The environment in which care is delivered
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached job description and person specification Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Registered Mental Nurse compliant with requirements for NMC registration.
- Non Medical Prescribing or willing to complete this training
Knowledge/Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Post registration experience of working in multi disciplinary community mental health services.
- Evidence of post registration training / development.
- Experience of participating in audit and an understanding of implementing Action plans relating to the outcome of audits.
- Knowledge of requirements under the Care Programme Approach including the needs of carers and the mental health Minimum Data Set.
- Offer advice and consultation to members of the multi-disciplinary team based on solid clinical experience of Community Mental Health Nursing.
- Support the Team Managers and other Senior Practitioners / Professional Leads in the daily operation of the Community Mental Health Teams.
- Facilitate a culture of lifelong learning, including involvement in the process of appraisal, knowledge and skills framework and personal development plans.
- Participate in and ensure provision of clinical supervision both as supervisee and supervisor. To have an understanding of the knowledge and skills framework under agenda for change.
- Be the lead contract for the Universities of Manchester and Salford for nursing students on clinical placements within the relevant teams and have an understanding of the minimum requirements for promoting robust clinical placements.
- Participate in multi-agency meetings eg: vulnerable adults/child protection.
- Understand the clinical governance agenda and provide nursing representation at local groups supporting consultation and implementation.
- Have a full understanding on the care programme approach including the needs and rights of carers.
- Have knowledge of recovery and rehabilitation models and mental health promotion.
- Have an understanding of current national policy and initiatives in relation to sever and enduring mental health issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- There is a frequent requirement to travel extensively across the wide footprint of the Trust to carry out the duties of the role.
- Prepared to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
All Age Mental Health Liaison Team
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.