An Exciting opportunity has arisen for this band 6 post to be part of developing and leading, a small group of OT's within this exciting new multi-disciplinary team. This is a chance to be there at the beginning of a new service, to shape the Occupational Therapy provision in a Rehabilitation Team for people with complex mental health needs, with a strong team focus on MDT working, Recovery and person centred practice.
The post holder will be a key member of the Multi disciplinary Team and will contribute to the overall running of this service. As a senior Occupational Therapist, the post holder will be responsible to the OT team Lead and Service Manager and/or AHP Lead for Adult Mental Health Division. The post holder will have ultimate responsibility to Director of Therapies.
The successful candidate will have designated responsibility for the delivery of occupational therapy and leadership and to assist the OT Team lead in co-ordination of the Occupational Therapy Team as well as delivering complex occupational therapy assessments and interventions to a designated service user group. The Division places recovery at the heart of its services. Therefore we all demonstrate the recovery principles of:
And maximising opportunities every day, in all that we doMain duties of the job
Main duties of the job
- The post holder is responsible for supervising OT assistant practitioners.
- The post holder is responsible for supervising and assessing OT students on practice placement.
- The post holder might be responsible for work experience students.
- The post holder is not directly concerned with any budget but might make recommendations for equipment and materials required.
- The post holder is responsible for inputting RIO relating to patient contact including group and 1:1 interventions. Including ensuring documentation is completed within a timely manner.
- The post holder impacts on the Trust at Team level, Divisional Level and at AHP professional level
- The post holder may be requested to move to other locations in order to meet the needs of the service.
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health, learning disability, and community healthcare services for the population of the Black Country.
Across the whole of the region we provide:
- Adult and older adult mental health services
- Specialist learning disability services
- Mental health services for children and young people
- Community healthcare services for children, young people and families in Dudley
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was formed on 1 April 2020, with the merger of Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust. Combining resources, strategies and talented workforce enables us to deliver a wider variety of outstanding services that are based on best practice and are continually improving.
We currently employ over 3,500 people and just like the population we serve, we are made up of diverse cultures and backgrounds. Whatever your role, working in a NHS Foundation Trust, like ours, is a demanding and extremely rewarding experience. We know that our Trust runs on this desire to help and support people, and our Trust vision expresses this. Our vision is to improve health and wellbeing for everyone, especially our colleagues to achieve the best possible work/life balance.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To act as an expert OT practitioner in rehabilitative Adult Mental Health care.
- To maintain and prioritise a clinical caseload.
- Based on the Model of Human Occupation,to provide OT assessment, treatment and advice to patients and to establish appropriate OT intervention programmes including 1:1 and group interventions using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals.
- To evaluate and modify treatment in order to measure progress.
- To evaluate the outcomes of interventions.
- To contribute towards the development and maintenance of therapeutic interventions, and delivery of OT Service
- To contribute towards the assessment of carers needs.
See further detail in Job Description.Person SpecificationPerson SpecificationEssential
- Education and Qualifications o Degree in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent) . o HCPC Registration Degree . o Evidence of post registration relevant to Mental Health practice
- Experience o Highly developed interpersonal skills with service users who have multiple and complex mental health needs . o Experience of using Model of Human Occupation and case formulation . o Highly developed written and IT communication skills . o Knowledge of current national legislation, policies and guidelines relevant to the area
- Knowledge o Ability to carry a case load of service users with complex and diverse needs in a mental health setting . o Ability to identify and assess potential risks
- Skills /Personal Qualities o Ability to deal with conflict and resolve difficulties . o Commitment to client-centred, non-discriminatory practice . o Excellent communication skills o Enthusiastic/motivated
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Education and Qualifications o Membership of BAOT and Royal College of Occupational Therapists, Specialist Section - Mental Health
- Experience o Detailed knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance and its application
- Knowledge o Post Graduate clinical experience related to clinical fields . o Post registration research
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mossley Day centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.