This is an exciting opportunity to join our innovative Physical Health Team here in Bolton. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work in our newly developed post of Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP).
The successful candidate will play a central role in supporting the clinical and operational team to ensure high quality, recovery focussed care is delivered to our service users. They will support the delivery of service improvements in the quality of care and safety through service development, evaluation and audit.
The ACP will act as a professional resource for the multi-disciplinary team, people, and carers within the scope of their practice and competence.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide advanced and expert level of practice (including non-medical prescribing) within the Bolton Physical Health Team leading to improved outcomes for the people receiving support from the service.
They will be an integral part of the MDT supporting clinical decision making and supporting the service pathways, developing nurse led clinics and providing brief interventions.
The post holder will work collaboratively within the Physical Health team and with the wider network. The post holder may additionally lead on practice and service developments. They are required to demonstrate clinical and practice expertise via interventions, supervision and modelling good practice.
To participate in the BOC/BOS on Call rota
If you are not in current possession of Advanced Practitioner MSC but are already undertaking training to complete this we will consider your application.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service usersJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to attached job description and person specification for further details Staff benefits
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Registered Healthcare Professional MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice Nurse Prescribing qualification
- Experience of working with clients with complex needs Compiling protocols and clinical guidance Audit Experience of working at a senior clinical level
- Advanced Clinical Practice skills Management of service users with complex needs and risk
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Knowledge of issues affecting the client group
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of leading / supporting complex RCA investigations & completion of 3 day reviews & complaints Communication skills, both written and verbal Communication of difficult messages to service users and families Negotiation and conflict management skills Change management
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Bolton Physical Health Team
Royal Bolton Hospital, Minerva Road, Farnworth
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.