HMP Wymott have an exciting opportunity for a Band 6 Registered Physical Health Nurse to be part of a dynamic, fast paced primary care team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring leader to join our team.
HMP Wymott is a Category C Prison in Leyland. You must have been in the UK for 12 months prior to applying for this post and be able to provide a 6 year address history to be able to complete the prison clearance. This role is subject to a additional recruitment and retention premia of �1542 per annumMain duties of the job
The successful applicants will assist in the overall delivery of care to patients within the Primary Care Department of HMP Wymott.
You will be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of pathways of care.
The successful applicant is required to demonstrate a can- do attitude, be resilient and possess excellent leadership qualities. An ability to work well as part of a multidisciplinary team is essential.
Healthcare services operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and the successful applicants would need to be flexible in their approach to meeting the demands of the service.
The Primary Care Team Leader will assist the Primary Care Manager and Senior Management to lead and develop a team of healthcare staff and visiting professionals.
They will work towards providing the highest standard of care for the prison population ensuring consistent and effective nursing practice as well as operational activity.
As a Team Leader, the post holder will assist the Head of Healthcare to ensure that GMMH and prison policies are adhered to within the Healthcare setting.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over 6,400 members of staff, who deliver services from more than 160 locations.
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford, Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
Person SpecificationEssential & DesirableEssential
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Registered General Nurse (Adult) with current NMC registration.
- Professional knowledge to degree or equivalent qualification Diploma level training or equivalent in specialist clinical area
- Significant demonstrable post registration experience
- Evidence of working with service users who demonstrate a range of complex needs, inclusive of mental health and substance misuse difficulties.
- Able to demonstrate effective operational management skills to plan clinical activities, training and education and staff rotas.
- Ability to clinically supervise nursing colleagues
- Specialist knowledge of a range of nursing procedures Knowledge of clinical governance and application to practice.
- Evidence of health education and promotion
- Evidence of ability to plan and deliver programmes of care within a primary care setting based on assessment findings and interpretation of available clinical information.
- Evidence of leading in clinical practice
- Experience of admission / discharge of clients / patients from a caseload and referring as appropriate
- Experience of triaging of minor ailments / injuries.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate higher levels of decision-making, seeking guidance from the manager when required
- Evidence of improving standards of care through the clinical audit cycle
- Good understanding and application of information technology.
- Primary care experience e.g. removal of sutures, intravenous injections, insertion of catheter.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Ulnes Walton Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.