Memory Assessment and Treatment Service
: Under the line management and clinical supervision from within the MATS the post holder will provide specialist community and clinic-based mental health assessment and post diagnostic support for service users of MATS within the framework of CPA, and in line with the relevant dementia clinical pathway as outlined within the MATS operational procedure.Main duties of the job
- The post-holder will undertake assessment and treatment of clients referred for investigation of possible mild cognitive impairment and dementia, in accordance with NICE Guidelines and evidence-based practice, to support the work of the MATS service.
- To act as Duty Officer completing the screening of referrals, offering advice and signposting.
- The post-holder will contribute to the development and integration of specialist interventions for adults with mild to moderate cognitive impairment within the Memory Assessment and Treatment Service.
- The post-holder will contribute to the development and delivery of an individually tailored service for people with dementia.
- The post-holder will undertake supervision of junior staff and trainees, as delegated by the MATS Team Leader
- The post-holder will take an active role within the relevant multi-disciplinary teams and will work within these services co-ordinated frameworks.
- The post-holder will undertake teaching, training, liaison and service promotion, within the Older Adult Community Service and the Trafford Directorate as a whole, and for other agencies.
- The post-holder will contribute to audit and research work undertaken by the MATS Team.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease read the job description for full details. Staff benefits
Person SpecificationeducationEssential Desirable
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Experience of working with older adults with mental health needs
Desirable educationEssential Desirable
- An understanding of mental health issues
- Experience of working with one of the dementias
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAbility to conduct first line assessments for individuals newly referred into the service, utilizing a biopsychosocial framework.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Crossgate House, Sale
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.