Main duties of the job
- To provide general management of maintenance services with the Trust, to ensure efficient and quality site management services and estate compliance
- To ensure the Trust's site management services are governed within agreed policies and procedures and are budgeted for within agreed terms
- Actively participate in operational and strategic decision making by attendance at Trust development groups and other relevant meetings and to undertake a project management role when required
- To provide, where specified, subject matter expertise for specific technical services, across all localities.
- To act as an initial contact for external organisations, co-ordinate site queries and attend to them in a timely manner
- Liaise with service specific Estates and Facilities staff to ensure smooth management and delivery of support services and to assist them in problem solving and implementation of remedial action
Pro-active co-ordination in the delivery of planned, reactive, emergency maintenance, minor works and support activities across the Trust in terms of agreed response times or planned schedules. Co-ordination of the specialist maintenance contractors and contracts. Provide knowledge and demonstrate a forward-looking approach to maintenance. Ensuring that all elements of maintenance activity is correctly co-ordinated and recorded.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached Job Description Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Good Communication Educated to HNC Level in Building or Engineering
- Relevant Trades person or equivalent experience
- Further qualification in Management, e.g, IOSH, Managing Safely
- Have the appropriate qualifications to attend formal training for Approved Persons appointment across a range of NHS Health Technical Memorandums
- Educated to degree level
- Be able to demonstrate experience of ability to manage multi professional teams across the organisation
- Proven ability of leading and directing a team of non-skilled, skilled and professional staff
- Ability to organise the daily operations of a busy operational team, managing conflicting deadlines and delegating tasks where appropriate
- Experience of computer based management systems.
- Supervisory experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of computer based planned and reactive maintenance systems in a large organisation
- Knowledge of building construction and building/ engineering services. Must be aware of current Health and Safety legislation
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Bury new road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.