Major transformation programme seeks enthusiastic, committed individuals to join its dedicated EPR team
We are recruiting a new team to work on our exciting new Electronic Patient Record (EPR) programme.
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is bringing in a new Electronic Patient Record. This is major transformation programme that will affect almost all Trust employees, supporting them to provide better quality care for our patients and families. We are currently recruiting for the position of EPR Senior Data Migration Analyst (B7).
We're looking for the right people to join us on this exciting digital journey and be part of our vision to be a world-leading team, providing world-leading care.
The EPR will be a big change for all our patient-facing teams, so we are looking for people with the energy, passion and resilience to manage the complexities and high risks involved to help us deliver this critical programme of work.
This role is available to also as a secondment to existing NHS Staff. Please contact the recruitment manager for more information. Main duties of the job
You will be part of a team with responsibility for the planning and execution of the data migration and cleansing strategy to support the migration of client data, ensuring that appropriate data quality proceduresare in place within the organisation and implemented in line with internal policies and best practice to ensure the highest level of data quality for migration.
You will be required to support the planning and successful migration of data from our current EPR and departmental systems across to the new Electronic Patient Record. You will be suitably qualified and haveproven ability working in IT projects.
You will have the ability to communicate effectively regarding technical issues in terms that can be understood by all parties and work as part of a team with responsibility for the planning and execution of thedata migration and cleansing strategy to support the migration of client data, ensuring that appropriate data quality procedures are in place to ensure the highest level of data quality for migration.
Close collaboration with other technical subject matter experts, business stakeholders and end users alike, will be essential to ensure the data migrated from the current EPR to the new EPR is executed in a compliantand end-user focused manner at all times.About us
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in a related IT discipline or equivalent / relevant demonstrative work experience in IM& T
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Epic Certification
- PRINCE2 Foundation level
- Ability to follow technical documentation procedures
- Experience in managing data across multiple locations and preferably supporting data migration projects
- Demonstrable experience of working with 3rd party organisations, suppliers and customers and the interface between them
Analytical and Judgement SkillsEssential
- Knowledge and experience of the data storage analysis tools
- Ability to work in a fluid environment to project schedules and contractual deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with multiple levels of staff regarding technical issues in terms that can be understood by all parties
- Strong analytical skills
- Evidence of managing a number of priorities while still meeting key deadlines
- Experience of stakeholder identification and management in a complex environment
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner through gathering and analysing information skillfully
- Previous experience of Data Migration activities in a Healthcare environment
- Knowledge of modern Data Migration and Data Quality techniques, acquired through equivalent experience or training.
- Risk management experience of both Operational and Programme Risks
- Specialist knowledge and awareness of Data Mapping and Verification processes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- SQL report writing skills.
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital NHS
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.