The Asbestos & Water Compliance Manager at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust is part of the Estates team and the wider Facilitates Directorate who are responsible for day-to-day management of the Trust systems and operations, in a safe and sustainable way for staff, patients & visitors.
To ensure the Facilities Directorate complies with its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012), HTM 04, ACOPs L8 and other relevant legislation and to implement systems to ensure estates operational compliance with national standards including CQC, HTM's & other standards as required and at all times remain responsive to the client's requirements in providing high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Previous applicants need not apply!!Main duties of the job
To be the 'Responsible Person' and 'Appointed Person' for Asbestos and in addition to support compliance and assurance on the directorate water safety requirements.
Linking with the other members of the Business & Assurance Team, Estates Operational Managers and Capital programmes to monitor compliance and expedite any requirements to fulfil in the domains of Asbestos & Water as well as wider compliance support to the team.
To ascertain the position of all compliance for all Estates & Facilities functions and produce / present periodic reports indicating such, including cause / effect with recommendations to address any gaps.
To work collaboratively with the Facilitates Directorate and its suppliers with tact and persuasive skills for the complex development, implementation, updating and day to day compliance management of Asbestos and Water to provide high quality, effective and empathetic services to the Trust.About us
Northampton General Hospital is one of the largest employers in the area and we are on an exciting journey. All our divisions are committed to doing things better, with more efficiency as we update, modernise, and advance. We have also entered a Group Model with neighbouring Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and become University Hospitals of Northamptonshire. Our Excellence Values Compassion Accountability Respect Integrity Courage
We want to recruit the best people to deliver our services across the University Hospitals of Northamptonshire and help to unleash everyone's full potential. As an organisation, we value how we communicate and promote our vacancies to all communities.
The Hospital Group encourages applications from people who identify from all protected groups, especially those from BAME, Disabled and LGBTQ+ backgrounds as these are underrepresented in our hospitals.
We understand that we need to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and make sure the environment they work in is inclusive and collaborative.
We have active Networks that promote and support colleagues from all backgrounds.This ensures everyone feels supported and has a sense of belonging working for Kettering and Northampton General Hospitals.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To support and audit in line with relevant statutory instruments and best practice and compliance in accordance with the HSE Approved Code of Practice L8 and HTM 04 and other relevant standards.Supporting Operational Management to ensure an up-to-date Water Safety Plan is in place and complied within the directorate and wider trust via awareness and training delivery.Support Operational Management to ensure Competent Person requirements for water safety are robust and other required water safety related appointments are in place and audited.As a member, attend and support Water Safety Groups and provide all required performance reports.In collaboration with the Operational Teams, IPC and wider Trust key stakeholders, maintain compliance with the Trusts Water Safety Plan and Audit.With the support of the Operational Teams and relevant AE(W), contribute to specifications and support management of Water Safety ContractsMonitor and update any in-house functions for water safety complianceIn collaboration, create and maintain mechanisms for requirements emanating from Water Risk Assessments to ensure timely actions and supporting of the Estates and wider Trust TeamsEnsure all water safety related records are adequate and acted upon.Ensure AE appointment is in place in collaboration with Estates Operational Management.Facilitate Authorising Engineer (AE) audits and in conjunction with the Operations Teams, create/deliver action plans emanating from such.Create, organise and deliver a specialist training programme for water compliance needsTo review and audit that all water safety samples are monitored, recorded and results acted on in accordance with Water Safety Plans and Legislation.Provide specialist advice on water safety solutions.Person SpecificationEducations, Training and QualificationsEssential
- Relevant post graduate professional qualification equivalent to Diploma / Degree level in an Estates discipline and in-depth practical experience or be able to demonstrate significant proven practical experience equivalent to this
- NEBOSH National General certificate
- Suitable Project / Contract management qualification or comparable proven practical experience
Knowlede and ExperienceEssential
- Experience of working in the NHS
- Relevant professional memberships
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing Estates compliance requirements
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record in an associated discipline
- Experience of writing of specifications
- Carrying out audits and monitoring
- Effective decision-making skills to secure desired outcomes
- Experience of working with listed buildings
- Experience of working in the NHS/Healthcare environment
- Experience of the Premises Assurance Model
- Organisation and analytical skillset
- IT Literate and competent
- Make decisions/judgements involving complex facts or situation where expertise in the field is required
- Effective communication and customer focussed skills
- Ability to provide expert advice on a range of related issues
- Highly developed communications skills whether written, verbal or electronic
Key Competencies/Personal QualitiesEssential
- Possess repot writing skills
- Skills to work constructively within a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Confident, proactive and innovative
- Strong Communicator
- Take ownership of issues
- Professional approach with the ability to recognise the attention to detail required to deliver a customer centre service
- High attention to detail
- Committed to continuous improvement
Northampton General HospitalAddress
Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.