We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse to provide strong effective leadership to assist in the day to day running of the Same Day Emergency Care Service. AS the band 6 you will be expected to deliver direct patient care whilst, coordinating and overseeing nursing practice. To be responsible for ensuring the delivery of clinical activities during their span of duty.
Same day emergency care (SDEC) is the provision of same day care for emergency patients who would otherwise be admitted to hospital.
If successful you will be required to work a full internal rotation system, covering shifts across 7 days a week including Bank Holidays. We value our team, and we are committed to ensuring you have the right home life balance, we offer a monthly allowance of shift requests and flexible work patterns are always considered.
You will undergo and induction and development programme facilitated by our dedicated Leaders, a supernumerary period will be provided to enable you to develop the knowledge, skill and confidence to be successful.
Everyone is welcome at the Bradford Teaching hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We're proud of our diversity and we continue to undertake new initiatives to advance equality for LGBT+, BME, gender equality, staff carers and people with disabilities and lived experiences to promote good relations and understanding between our staff.Main duties of the job
To assist the Ward Manager/Senior Sister:
- Ward/Department based nursing and clerical staff
- Co-ordinates other members of the multidisciplinary team reporting to Ward/Department
- Professional and practice development of all team members and maximise available resources
- Delivery of patient care
- The implementation and adherence of Trust, National and professional policies
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
For information and informal enquiries please contact:
Unit Manager Parveen Akbar on 01274 383261
Closing date may change dependent on the response.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Change management
- Minimum 2 years post registration
- Varied clinical background, Previous experience nursing acutely unwell adults
- Additional clinical skills e.g. cannulation, phlebotomy, intravenous drugs
- Good verbal and written command of English
- Positive attitude
- Self motivated
- Innovative and dynamic
- Confident, reliable, loyal, assertive and trustworthy
- Flexible with regard to hours
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Academic courses applicable to specialism
- Management training
- Recruitment & Selection
- Appraisal skills
- Presentation skills
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Understands how acute medicine patient flow works
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing
- Supervising Learning in Practice (SLIP) or equivalent.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.