This post will cover maternity leave to support the existing Band 7 Haematology Clinical Nurse Specialist Team in providing safe and effective care for all haematology patients needing support, advice or review on the Haematology Day unit.
The role will be fundamental in providing signposting and help for newly diagnosed haematology patients, and for providing advice and support for those on treatment within the Haematology Units and Ward at The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospitals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a nurse with existing Haematology knowledge to further develop this in a Band 6 role. While this is currently maternity cover only we would be happy to second someone into this role for this set period. We are happy to support existing staff with the required training and skills for this post, all of which will be transferrable back to their existing role at the end of the maternity cover.Main duties of the job
The role will provide telephone and face to face support for newly diagnosed and on treatment haematology patients. The postholder will work closely with the existing Haematology Clinical Nurse Speciality Team, Haematology Navigator and Haematology Unit Nursing Teams, to ensure seamless support for our patients.
As a Trust, we are passionate about helping our staff to achieve their career aspirations and can offer a variety of learning and development opportunities to support your continued professional development.
We are an organisation that strives to provide high quality, safe care for our patients in an environment which our staff are proud to work in. We believe that by adhering to our Vision (To provide excellent care for the communities we serve) and working with our Trust Values in mind (Partnering, Ambitious, Caring, Trusted) we can achieve the right results for the people that matter most - our patients and their families.About us
The successful applicant will become a vital part of the Haematology Cancer Team who are a dynamic, fast paced and patient driven team. You will also be the patients link into the hospital and will connect with all other departments within the Trust as well as other Trusts. Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered General Nurse
- Appropriate post-registration qualification in specialist area
- Teaching and assessing/clinical supervision
- Evidence of ability to critically appraise research and transcribe/implement into evidence based practice
- Specific experience within the speciality
- Substantial post registration experience with a broad range of clinical experience
- Ability to communicate unpleasant/sensitive information to patients in a variety of settings
- Able to influence and overcome resistance through application of advanced communication skills
- Able to manage work autonomously
- Able to communicate with the multidisciplinary team about the care of Haematologypatients
- To be adaptable in the care and management of haematology patients
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Participated in service development and implementation of change
- Experience of teaching and assessing in the clinical area
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.