Do you have a passion for caring for children and their families / carers and have an interest in pursuing a career in Nurse Management?
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our Ward Manager Team within the Paediatric department at UHCW and Manage our incredible team on Ward 16.
We are looking to recruit a motivated and committed individual with excellent clinical skills and someone who has the communication skills to foster efficient relationships to effectively care for children aged 2-12 years. Please be advised interviews are proposed for week commencing 11th December.Main duties of the job
Ward 16 is a busy 24 bedded Ward caring for children aged 2-12 years and specialises in the care of Children and young people requiring support from multiple conditions including, Medicine, Surgery and Orthopaedics.
The Ward 16 team are passionate about the care of children and their families / carers and actively pursue improvements to enhance the experience of all the 2-12-year-olds who access our services, which provides a huge sense of team pride.
Ward 16 is also the shared care unit for Paediatric Oncology, offering treatments in partnership with our local Tertiary centre for children of all ages with oncological conditions.
The successful candidate will be working closely with our Paediatric Oncology team who support the children and young people admitted due to oncological conditions. This team are an invaluable support to staff on Ward 16.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Children's Nurse with an interest and awareness of the complexities which surround acute and chronic children's hospital in patient care to join the team and continue to lead with compassion and have a clear vision for on-going development.About us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellencedesignated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award.Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As an inclusive employer we work hard to be flexible, we are happy to create opportunities for flexible working to attract and retain talent which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Please feel free to contact the Recruiting Manager to see what this could look like for you in practice.
We have a supportive and welcoming team which includes the Paediatric Ward Manager team, Paediatric Matrons, Paediatric Practice Educators, and a dedicated Paediatric Workforce Lead. Together they will ensure you receive the support you require throughout the recruitment process as well as overseeing your training and induction requirements to enable you to carry out your role.
At UHCW we have a real focus on training and development. With the support of our dedicated team of in-house Paediatric Practice Educators, all our staff are encouraged to attain the skills and knowledge required to deliver first class care.
Specific training relevant to this speciality will include Safety Interventions Training, CAMHS training as well as Oncology courses if not already completed. You will also be required to complete the European Paediatric Advanced Life Support course as the role requires you to be included on the paediatric bleep rota, supporting Paediatric Resus within the Childrens Emergency Department, and supporting other areas of the Paediatric Unit as required.
The post holder will also be required to be included on the Paediatric Senior Nurse On-Call rota which supports the nursing team at weekends.
1.Accountable for own actions in accordance with Code of Professional Conduct. Will contribute towards corporate objectives, acting within local, Trust and statutory guidelines and policies at all times.
2. Highly developed communication skills enabling maintenance of high quality service and ensuring timely management and resolution of unexpected events and situations. Lead and participate in the investigation of complaints, concerns and serious incidents, ensuring learning from events is shared.
3. Undertake Paediatric bleep-holder responsibilities for the areas on a regular basis.
4. A knowledgeable team leader and resource for staff, advising on national, local and Trust policy and procedures/guidelines, ensuring that clinical governance is embedded in practice.
Will support staff and users in service and policy development within a defined area/specialty.
5. Responsible for identifying and assessing complex clinical and non-clinical issues, implementing resolutions and monitoring/auditing outcomes.
6. Responsible for interdepartmental/organisational activities including HR complaints appraisal hospital bleep-holder responsibilities on a regular basis and patient flow.
7. Undertake highly specialised technical and/or practical skills to ensure optimum patient management including complex patient monitoring equipment management and administration of invasive tests/procedures.
8. Responsible for education and training provision of identified staff groups, patients and carers within defined areas.
9. Utilise and ensure others utilise information and IT systems to secure accurate and timely patient, workforce and resource data available.
10. To ensure the effective and efficient organisation of rotas to ensure patient safety using the E-roster system. Ensuring the appropriate skill mix resulting in possible deployment and use of all grades of staff within the postholders span of control. Be accountable for the level of temporary staffing usage and the associate expenditure.
11. Regularly manage expected and unexpected clinical events requiring high but unpredictable levels of physical effort according to patient dependency/clinical need.
12. Regularly support patients, carers and staff during difficult situations arising in the clinical area, e.g breaking bad news or following an unexpected event.
13. Promote and monitor adherence to Health and Safety and Trust policy designed to protect healthcare staff and service users from known hazards.
14. Work collaboratively with other senior nurses throughout the Trust as appropriate and promote the role of their speciality nursing to all stakeholders.
15. Foster a culture of networking in an open and transparent approach with internal and external MDTs and between all stakeholders.
16. 24 hour responsibility for the delivery of care needs of individual and groups of clients/service users.
17. The post holder will also be required to be included on the Paediatric Senior Nurse On-Call rota which supports the nursing team at weekends.
18. Deputise as appropriate for the Matron / line manager. For further details please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable SkillsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.