This post is based in the South Camden Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (Open Minded). The postholder will promote the emotional well being of children, young people and families within South Camden. The postholder will contribute psychology input to the team, including: direct support for children and families specialist supervision of other staff including clinical/counselling/educational psychology trainees consultation and training for staff at a designated school consultation, teaching and training for staff within health, education, social care and third sector organisations.Main duties of the job
You will need experience of working with children, young people and families from a diverse range of inner-city communities in the area of mental health, from within either health, education or social care (statutory or third sector).
You will also need to be enthusiastic and committed to supporting local communities, and it is vital that you are a good team player. There is a strong ethos within the team of supporting each other and recognition of the challenges that this type of work throws up.
The team is committed to equal opportunities and ensuring that the contributions of all members are respected and valued.About us
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health trust with a focus on training and education alongside a full range of mental health services and psychological therapies for children and their families, young people and adults.
We are committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing, believing that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them. We bring a distinctive contribution based on the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people's lives, and our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental ill health
We contribute to the pool of ideas through our own research and development, but are also committed to bringing together the best ideas of the time, old and new, from inside and out, together with the most gifted and able professionals in our fields of endeavor. We aim to share our ideas and practice through as many routes as possible.
As a Trust we aim constantly to be evolving in nature and form in relation to the environment in which we work, to ensure that our contribution remains relevant.
The Trust uses electronic new starter forms on Trac to collect personal details. Information collected is securely stored and used to set up the employee record on the ESR HR system.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See job description for full responsibilities and duties.
Candidates are requested to use the section Supporting Information
on the application form to set out their reasons for applying and their suitability, referring to the person specification, for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree level as a minimum plus developed specialist and practical knowledge equating to postgraduate degree/ Masters level - (i.e. qualification as Clinical Psychologist)
- Registration with HCPC or relevant body as a Clinical Psychologis
- Evidence of clinical experience of working with client population
- A clear track record of managing complexity and risk whilst maintaining high standards of service delivery
- A comprehensive understanding of the changing NHS and Social Care environment and the challenges they face
- Experience of working at all levels of the system with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise of managing and treating the client group
- Some experience of clinical supervision
- Some experience of clinical management of staff
- Some experience of involvement in project work e.g. quality improvement
- High level of skill and knowledge in safeguarding and risk management
- Personal duty of care in relation to equipment or resources
- Basic keyboard skills for updating client records
- Ability to manage own clinical case load
- Willingness to contribute to strategic and business planning
- Skills for assessing and communicating complex client conditions and applying appropriate clinical treatments
- Demonstrate equality, diversity and inclusion awareness and application of EDI issues
- Proactive, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Flexible approach to working hours to meet Services needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel
- Keyboard / IMT skills
Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Open Minded - CAMHS Directorate
Ampthill Square, 219 Eversholt Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.