Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells Trust manages the largest integrated Sexual Health Service in Kent. (Genito-Urinary Medicine, Contraception and HIV), including the Kent-wide home testing, online STI service. Our services are across Maidstone, Tonbridge, Tunbridge wells, Sevenoaks, Gravesend & Dartford
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, and motivated clinical nurse specialist to join our team to deliver specialist care management, within an integrated sexual health model.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work dynamically and possess high levels of skills and knowledge. Work as an independent nurse prescriber and demonstrate a commitment to deliver the highest standard of care in treating and preventing the transmission of sexually transmitted infections and HIV, with partner notification/ contact tracing processes, applying public health principles, to reduce transmission of STIs/HIV and to improve the sexual health of the community.Main duties of the job
The candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and administration skills,
to facilitate comprehensive care to the local population
You will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which would involve working late shifts, weekends and also to work at satellite services on a rotational basis as required.About us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Following your Corporate Induction you will be expected to attend the Trusts 2-week Induction Programme for RNs, NAs, RMs, ODPs and Paramedics. The programme is full-time (please email email@example.com if this is problematic)and will involve travel to both Trust sites. The programme includes supernumerary shifts in the clinical area, classroom-based sessions and e-learning.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience in sexual health as a Band 6.
- Experience of working as a autonomous practitioner and clinical decision -making
- Experience of developing clinical pathways and policy
- Experience on the principals of partner notification for STIs including HIV
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
- Supporting others (mentor / educator / supervisor) experience.
- A record of achieving projects, including audit and research.
- Clinical audit
- Registered health care professional with current NMC registration
- Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Sexual Health Qualification including: DFSRH, STIF core, plus, intermediate
- Management or supervision qualification or program of study.
- Evidence of continuing education at Master's level
- Motivational interviewing HIV and or FRSH qualification
- Member of BASHH
- Physical assessment module
- MSc or working towards
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Integrated Sexual Health care and educational policy and processes as it relates to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of relevant national, local policies, strategies and guidance
- Knowledge of legal and clinical governance and application to the services.
- Understanding of patient confidentiality and Caldecott principals.
- Demonstrates ability to build and maintain productive and positive relationships within the multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of current epidemiological trends within locality
- Ability to manage time effectively, priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people at all organisational levels across different sectors.
- Highly developed clinical skills in sexual health risk assessment and examination
- High standards of written and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrates initiative and innovative practice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Involvement in standard setting and audit.
- Evidence of innovation and creativity
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.