This post is to support delivery of the integrated respiratory service within Hillingdon borough. The appointee will join the existing multi-disciplinary respiratory team, and work in conjunction with their team members in coordinating and developing the service. The post holder will work collaboratively with healthcare professionals and stakeholders involved in the provision of integrated care, to ensure joined up care for patients across acute, community and primary and secondary care settings.Main duties of the job
- o help develop and evaluate an integrated respiratory care service.
- To deliver community COPD clinics.
- To provide direct access spirometry in the community setting.
- To provide multi-disciplinary support to secondary care integrated COPD clinics
- To help develop and maintain guidelines and protocols relating to respiratory integrated care.
- To help develop and implement strategies for providing effective management of chronic respiratory diseases as part of integrated care.
- To provide education and expert resource to practice nurses, the wider community multidisciplinary team, and general practitioners.
- To participate in Integrated Care MDTs and case conferences.
- To contribute to and support admission avoidance and early supported discharge schemes currently operating within the department.
- To provide assessment of acutely unwell patients in a variety of settings including patient homes, General Practice, community sites and ambulatory/secondary care clinics.
- To observe and participate in ward rounds on Acute Admission Unit/ medical wards as necessary.
- To provide support for the COPD HOT line for both patients and General Practitioners to provide knowledge/information and to advise on exacerbation management and suitability for admission avoidance/home assessment.
- To participate in audit and service development projects to assess service delivery and ensure best practice.
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the only acute Hospital in the London Borough of Hillingdon and offers a wide range of services including accident and emergency, inpatient care, day surgery, outpatient clinics and maternity services. The Trust's services at Mount Vernon Hospital include routine day surgery, delivered at a modern treatment centre, a minor injuries unit and outpatient clinics.
The safety and well-being of our patients and of our staff is paramount and we are making urgent improvements to address this - particularly in infection prevention and control. We are making progress and going forward by working in partnership with local GPs, charities,community services, academic partners, our local authority, neighbouring hospitals and the wider North West London Integrated care system, and ensuring that we listen and work in partnership with our local population. We are absolutely focused on ensuring that our hospitalsprovide high quality, safe and compassionate care, while drive forward the building of the new Hillingdon Hospital.
We have over 3,500 members of staff that are proud to care for nearly half a million people, with a vision to be an outstanding provider of healthcare through leading health and academic partnerships, transforming services, to provide the best care where needed.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description for the main responsibilities of a Clinical Nurse Specialist or Highly Specialised Physiotherapist in Integrated Respiratory CarePerson SpecificationShortlistEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Pield Heath Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.