We are looking for an innovative and progressive individual to work as part of the Ysbyty Glan Clwyd management accounts finance team at Abergele Hospital.
The successful post holder will be qualified with AAT or will have equivalent experience/qualification. The role requires an enthusiastic, motivated and committed individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Finance Department is committed to personal development and training.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to further their finance career, as well as gaining a wider understanding and experience of the management of NHS services.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
Works within the Management Accounting Finance Team, providing professional assistance and financial advice and support to managers, and undertakes investigation into complex financial variances and analysis, suggesting relevant corrective action to Health Board managers as necessary.
To provide timely, accurate and meaningful financial management information within tight financial time-scales and ensure that work is completed in compliance with Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, and Scheme of Delegation.About us
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients.
The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the Disability Confident Employer scheme.We also offer a number of family-friendly benefits, including work-life balance policies.
Please check your email account regularly.Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- AAT or will have equivalent experience/qualification
- Significant experience working within a Finance environment
- The ability to effectively organize workload and work within strict deadlines
- Excellent in the use of spreadsheets and other PC based office applications
- The ability to communicate effectively in Welsh
- Understand the implication of current accounting and NHS legislation as it effects the area of work
- Knowledge of Oracle accounts financials computerised system/departmental bespoke applications and routines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly motivated, adaptable, professional, confident and work corporately within a team
- The ability to act on own initiative without supervision and prioritise and manage workload accordingly
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.