The Children and Young People's Improving Access to Psychological Therapies programme (CYP IAPT) is a service transformation programme funded by Health Education England and delivered by local partnerships that aims to improve existing children and young people's mental health Services (CYP MHS) working in the community.
The Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust has been successful in its bid to establish a team of Children's Wellbeing Practitioners (CWPs). These posts come with placement support to be delivered by this post holder. The new post will include providing intensive supervision, clinical caseload management and to take a lead in developing the service that will allow CWPs to deliver their CBT informed evidence- based skills. This will be done in conjunction with local service managers, the London and South East CYP IAPT Collaborative and HEIs (KCL/UCL). If not completed already, the successful post holder will also access training attached to the supervision/service development role and hold a small caseload.
The CWP Supervisor/Service Development Lead will be responsible for the management and supervision of the CWPs which are training roles within CYP IAPT. The post holder will also take a lead role in developing new services or new service structures to support the delivery of CWP skills and facilitate wider service transformation within the local child mental health system - this will be done in conjunction with and local service leads and managers.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide operational management of the Haringey CWP Team. They will be responsible for the operational and performance management of the staff in the team, and for overseeing effective systems of clinical oversight and case review and outcome monitoring. The CWPs will work within the CYAF Directorate delivering, under the supervision of this post, high-quality; brief outcome focused CBT informed evidence- based interventions for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.
The CWP Supervisor/Service Development Lead will support the strategic development of the CWP initiative within their service, under the direction of the Service Lead. The training, supervision and service experience will equip the CWPs with the necessary knowledge, attitude and capabilities to operate effectively in an inclusive, value driven service.
The CWPs will attend all university based taught and self-study days required by the education provider, as specified within the agreed national curriculum and work in the service for the remaining days of the week using their newly developed skills.
If not completed already, the Supervisor/Service Development Lead in this post will attend a CYP-IAPT Supervision course throughout the year, the starting late January 2022 (date TBC). Supervisors will also be expected to attend some of the teaching of the CWPs at UCL or KCL (detail to be confirmed).
The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist mental health trust with a focus on training and education alongside a full range of mental health services and psychological therapies for children and their families, young people and adults.
With 500 staff across a number of sites, we are committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing, believing that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them. We bring a distinctive contribution based on the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people's lives, and our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to thepromotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental ill health.
For more information, please access the following link:https://tavistockandportman.nhs.uk/
Job description Job responsibilities For more information regarding the main responsibilities of the role, please refer to the attached Job Description.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Clinical Area of Practice - Social Work or Nursing.
- Masters or Doctorate level qualification or equivalent in Clinical Area of Practice - Social Work, Nursing, Child Psychotherapy,Clinical Psychology(Doctorate), EducationalPsychology (Doctorate), Family and Systemic Psychotherapy Post Graduate Supervisor or Management Qualification e.g. CYP IAPT Supervisor Training, Masters in a Management qualification
- Substantial post qualification experience.
- Substantial experience of working with evidence-based approaches for low mood, anxiety and behaviour problems.
- Experience of delivering assessment and treatment for children and young people using Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy approach
- Experience of working with Health Visitors, Family Support Workers and Social Workers
Skills & Knowledge Essential
- High level knowledge of the theory and practice of psychological interventions.
- High level skills in working with professional networks and the ability to advocate for and advance the mental health needs of parents and their children.
- Experience of working with staff at all levels including internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge, skills and theoretical understanding of management & Leadership
Personal Attributes Essential
- Ability to form good working relationships and work flexibly with others in multi-disciplinary and multi-agency settings
- Confident speaking with a range of audiences in different settings.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.