An opportunity has arisen for a well-motivated Senior Audiologist/ Lead Paediatric Audiologist to join our friendly Audiology team based at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust.
We are looking for an experienced Audiologist with Paediatric experience.
The successful candidate will assist in the provision of audiology services providing diagnostic support to the ENT department and a comprehensive hospital and community rehabilitation service across West Norfolk.Covering a number of community clinics across West Norfolk you will work both within the team environment at The Queen Elizabeth Hospital and autonomously within the community environment.You must possess a BSc in Audiology or equivalent, and experience of working within a NHS hearing aid service is essential.We are a friendly andforward-thinking team and encourage personal development, providing training as required.Main duties of the job
Undertake full audiological assessment of infants, children and adults, to include complex and non-routine cases such as those with multiple disabilities. This includes assessment of disability and expectations and carrying out appropriate hearing and auditory function tests. Testing will need to be adapted to suit the individual patient.
Prepare audiological reports containing findings on assessment and review, with recommendations and advice based on clinical observations, assessment and knowledge for other professional colleagues and patients.
Liaise with a large multidisciplinary team of professionals within the department and wider service structure to ensure that each patient receives a high quality and well co-ordinated service which satisfies the Patient Charter Standards, national professional standards and the Children's Act.About us
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details on this vacancy, please see the attached job description and personal specification.
Applicants must possess a BSc in Audiology or equivalent, and experience of working within an adult and paediatric NHS hearing aid service is essential.
We are a friendly and forward-thinking team and encourage personal development, providing training as required.Person SpecificationQualifications/training and professional developmentEssential
- Minimum BSc Audiology or equivalent
- Registered clinical physiologist or State Registered Clinical Scientist
- BAA accredited Certificate to practice (eg BAAT part I and II, Yr 3 BSc, CAC, HCC, PTP, STP )
- Evidence of training in specialist area
- STP in Audiology completed or HTS module in appropriate area
- MSc in Audiology/ M level credits in general audiology/specialist areas
Skills, abilities, and knowledgeEssential
- British Sign language qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include ability to communicate with the hearing impaired and carers in emotional states
- Ability to cope with occasional exposure to distressing and emotional circumstances within specialist area. For example, dealing with emotional patients
- Proven time management & organisational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven experience in an audiology healthcare setting
- Evidence of leadership experience
- Excellent presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic audiology training
- Post BSc clinical experience
- Experience with complex adult and paediatric patients
- Experience of communicating
- Experience of training others
- Experience of service development and audit
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.