Stockton Treatment and Intervention Community Mental Health Team are looking for two Band 6 Senior Registered Nurses to come and join our team. This is an exciting time to join the community teams with the recent community transformation.Main duties of the job
- The assessment and delivery of evidenced based interventions and treatment for adults who have a mental health problem.
- Recovery focused evidence based intervention
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with excellent support from senior members and leadership.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
- Meet the health needs of the patients with our team
- Work closely with patients, carers and families to co-produce care.
In return you will have access to fantastic training & development opportunities. Post-grad qualifications can be supported throughout your career pathway in mental health practice, as well as clinical skills or leadership & management skills, that can lead onto more senior roles within the organisation.
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the locality and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. A lease car scheme is in operation as well as other NHS staff benefits.About us
We are the Mental Health & Learning Disability NHS Trust for County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby.
From education and prevention, to crisis and specialist care -- our talented and compassionate teams work in partnership with our patients, communities and partners to help the people of our region feel safe, understood, believed in and cared for.
We nurture the recovery journey of anyone in need of our help. In Our Trust, everyone has a say in how they are supported and treated because we listen to every person in our care until they feel understood. Our patients, their families and carers work together with us towards better mental health.
We're committed to new thinking that improves the wellbeing of our region. We connect with our communities and partners to get mental health care right, in areas that really need it.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying
Additional contact details: Leanne Quinn (Advanced Practitioner)
- Current professional registration with Nursing & Midwifery Council. RMNH/RNLD
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.
- Recognised Practice Supervisor and/or Practice Assessor, clinical educator or equivalent. Must be achieved within 6 months
- Trained in Clinical Supervision and providing clinical supervision OR willingness to work towards within 6 months
- Minimum of 12 months experience post completion of preceptorship experience working with people with mental ill health, Autism or Learning Disability in a care environment.
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers.
- Providing clinical supervision to individuals or groups as professionally appropriate.
- Supervising or assessing students on practice placement.
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Quality improvement activities
- Working in the community with patients with mental health conditions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Detailed understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Clinical Governance and its application in practice
- Research and development methodology.
- Understanding of psychological models of care and treatment.
- Working knowledge of clinical medicines management, including administration of injections
Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Falcon Court, Preston Farm Industrial Estate,
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.