An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and energetic Band 7 Diabetes & Wound Care Team Lead to join our team to cover Maternity Leave .
The Successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven HCPC registered Podiatrist, who is keen to advance their clinical, professional and leadership skills.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering a high quality, timely, accessible and evidence based clinical pathway for patients as part of the podiatry service, supporting the community podiatry team with Active Ulcer and High Risk community clinics/visits. You will have responsibility for developing relationships with all stakeholders of these pathways to ensure a seamless MDT approach to the care of this At Risk group of patients.
You will have a responsibility to educate colleagues and train staff in diabetic foot and wound care including, implementation of integrated pathways of care and delivering on training packages and supervision/mentoring.
As lead for the community diabetic foot prevention team, you will be the main contact and lead for expert advice and support for this specialist area both to the team and to all members of the community based MDT team. You will be organised, confident, able to work independently, and be an excellent communicator.Main duties of the job
Responsibility as the clinical specialist lead and role model in the area of complex wound care for the assessment, diagnosis and through advance clinics skills the evaluations and treatment of complex patients with wounds through individualised care packages in a variety of settings across the community.
To embrace evidence based medicine and developments in practice and to monitor clinical governance through auditing and research to evaluate and improve service delivery.
To ensure all patients are safe guarded and escalated to the correct agencies when identified as vulnerable and at risk through local policies and procedures.
Demonstrate empathy to ensure patient care is at the heart of clinical practice and goals setting.
To maintain relationships with our secondary care partners, in the MDfT, Vascular, Orthopaedic, Rheumatology and other Secondary Services.
To provide effective line management to the community Podiatry team to ensure that all staff within the team are appropriately managed , and that associated resources are controlled and utilised effectively, demonstrating and high quality patient care.
Lead and participate in audits and research & development activities to ensure that the specialist service is cost efficient and effective.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such asethnically diverse,disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
Dudley Group offer many opportunities for our staff to develop and grow within their roles through our Learning & OD department. These include topics such as communication, wellbeing, team development, cultural competency, and values, plus much more. For those in a Management/Leadership role, there are additional programmes to support you to develop the skills you need. These include our Managers Essentials Programme and a Leadership Programme that all managers will attend as part of your Dudley Managers Induction. Our Learning Prospectus is a great way to discover the details behind what's available for you here at The Dudley Group.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possibleJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description for full details of the main duties and responsibilities that the post holder is required to undertakePerson SpecificationSkills & ExperienceEssential
- Experience in MDT working
- Evidence in CPD in the field of neurological & vascular assessments
- Experience of staff and student supervision
- Recent evidence of CPD in the field of specialist wound care treatment and dressings
- Advance debridement skills within wound care
- Previous experience in team leader or management/leadership role
- Knowledge of risk management, investigation techniques such as root cause analysis and understanding clinical governance in podiatry
- Casting techniques/ fitting of air cast boots/walking aids
- Experience in advance vascular and neurological testing
Interests and MotivationEssential
- Flexible enthusiastic and self-motivated
- positive attitude towards change
- Understanding of clinical leadership
- Ability to cope with stressful situation
- Well organised innovative/ability to make decisions
- Confident problem solving and decision making
Education and qualificationsEssential
- Ability to plan and think strategically and have knowledge of the current NHS targets
- Knowledge of present NHS Polices and direction i.e. NICE Guidelines
- HCPC Registration with Certificate in Local Anaesthesia
- Diploma/degree in Podiatric medicine
- Recent evidence of professional updating and CPD
Communication and interpersonal skillsEssential
- Certificate in Independant and Supplementary Prescribing for Allied Health Professionals
- Postgraduate qualification in tissue viability, diabetes or wound care
- Teaching, Mentoring or supervisions qualification
- Team working
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of dealing with emotional and sensitive situations, supporting staff and patients when dealing with difficult situations
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.