Respiratory Physiotherapists (Community) Band 6 - based at Stoke Health Centre
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated Specialist Respiratory Physiotherapists to join the Community Respiratory Service in the Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. You will be working as part of a large team of specialists delivering care in local health venues and patients homes across the Staffordshire area.Main duties of the job
The purpose of the role is to provide specialist input into a quality driven, evidence based pulmonary rehabilitation programme, in the community setting, providing physiotherapy assessment, diagnosis and treatment plans for patients with a diagnosed respiratory condition. As part of the role you will be a Specialist Respiratory Practitioner, responsible for the assessment and management of a caseload of patients with respiratory conditions.
You will be supported by experienced Advanced Respiratory and Long Term Conditions Physiotherapy colleagues and will be required to supervise other physiotherapists, unregistered staff and undergraduate physiotherapy students. Applicants must be registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) with the relevant respiratory experience within the NHS.
The ability to independently manage your own case load and contribute to departmental and service needs is essential. Applicants will also be required to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, show initiative and team spirit, as well as be committed to patient care. Continuing Professional Development training is encouraged and identified through annual appraisal whilst regular clinical supervision is offered through group or individual supervision as appropriate.
You will also need to demonstrate flexibility and be able to travel in a timely manner to work in a variety of locations across the Trust, as the service requires. This may include some lone working.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To adhere to and apply the Health and Care Professions Councils (HCPC) standards of proficiency and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) Code of Members Professional Values and Behaviour and all relevant guidance from the Partnership Trust. To be professionally accountable and responsible for all aspects of own work.
To establish and maintain effective working relationships both within the Partnership Trust and with external organisations in order to meet service requirements and support and demonstrate the Trusts equality values.
To assess new service user referrals and care/support needs. Assesses service users and formulates, develops, implements and evaluates programmes of treatment /care/support for individuals, families and carers. The specialist care/support plans may include the following:
- Promoting independence/self-management and maintaining safety
- Increased functional ability
- Improvement in health and wellbeing including mental health
- Interventions in disease/condition management
- Prevention and reducing of health inequalities
- Admission avoidance
- Early supported discharge
- Case management/ treatment /care plans
- Palliative and end of life care
To undertake goal setting, planning and developing physiotherapy treatment programmes, monitoring / reviewing / altering these as required.
To maintain and develop skills and knowledge to deliver a range of interventions, setting an example of good practice to other team members including skill sharing. Delivers teaching and training in specialist area to the wider workforce.
To work with individuals and carers who may find it difficult to engage with the service or aspects of the service resulting in uncooperative or challenging behaviour that has to be managed.
To use specialist knowledge, skills and expertise when working in changing environments and across professional boundaries.
To frequently and directly maintain contemporaneous and accurate records as required by the Partnership Trust and in line with professional standards (HCPC and CSP). Support identified team members giving guidance and direction where appropriate.
To deliver a high standard of intervention, whilst managing the demands of unplanned aspects of the role using innovative problem solving techniques.
To provide advice, education and training to service users, carers and professionals regarding the management and care/support of service users.
To take accountability for allocated assessments, planning and implementation of care packages/ programmes of support, within their caseload.
To participate in audits / research as required.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Degree in Physiotherapy from a CSP recognised training establishment
- Current HCPC Registration
- Relevant Specialist Post Graduate qualification and/or courses and/or development (e.g. professionally recognised courses in specialist area)
- Modules at Masters level
- Evidence of further clinical study
- Evidence of relevant post graduate courses in respiratory care
- Attendance at relevant Special Interest Groups
- Up to date field work/pre-registration student training
- Clinical experience across a variety of specialities, including respiratory (acute and chronic) and elderly care/rehabilitation acquired through at least 18months post-registration rotations or equivalent
- Relevant NHS experience to the role including assessment and management of various conditions within the area of clinical speciality
- Ability to manage time and caseload effectively
- Supporting service users, families and carers in dealing with issues within the area of clinical speciality
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- Clinical NHS Experience
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- Community based working experience
- Experience of working at a senior level in a respiratory setting
- Experience of negotiation and conflict management in clinical situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A good working knowledge of Respiratory Care Pathways and their objectives
- A sound knowledge of the management of respiratory and frail elderly patients. Ability to assess, diagnose and treat a range of respiratory/frailty patient conditions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with patients who may have difficulty in understanding
- Ability to organise and prioritise own case load effectively, delegating safely and effectively
- Use of IT equipment and clinical record systems
- Understanding of Information Governance, Data Protection, HCPC /CSP standards and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults/Children Knowledge of relevant NSF's and NICE guidance
- Ability to make judgements, decisions and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral (in English)
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stoke Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.