**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE (ts& cs apply)** **A generous relocation package** **�10K Retention Pay Premia**
This post is the sole Consultant Psychiatrist in Medical Psychotherapy in the trust, providing medical psychodynamic psychotherapy input to Adult Mental Health Teams in the West Strategic Business Unit, covering teams in St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Watford and Borehamwood. This includes close liaison and working with the Psychological Therapies teams in two of these areas (Watford and St Albans), where the postholder will be based and providing assessments for individual psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychological formulations for service users with complex, high risk presentations.Main duties of the job
Clinical roles and responsibilities of the post holder include:
- To provide psychodynamic psychotherapy input into the adult mental health teams based in the West SBU.
- The assessment and formulation of complex clients referred for Psychological input to the ACMHS in St Albans and Watford. These are clients who are triaged within the Psychological Therapies mini - team in each area. The outcome of assessment may be around making a recommendation for a specific psychological therapy or making recommendations to the wider multi-disciplinary team on management. This may also include the provision of extended assessments for psychotherapy.
- The provision of some limited liaison and consultation to the Psychological Teams based in Hemel Hempstead and Borehamwood around particularly complex clients where a Medical Psychotherapy opinion would be indicated.
- To maintain liaison and joint working with the therapists from the Hertfordshire Outreach Psychotherapy service (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust).
- The assessment of clients for suitability for junior doctors to see as their long psychotherapy cases.
- Providing the Clinical Supervisor role for two core trainees in Psychiatry who are completing 6-month placements in Psychotherapy
HPFT is one of a handful of mental health trusts in the country to receive a CQC rating of 'Outstanding'. The Trust aims to become the leading provider of Mental Health and Specialist Learning Disability services in the country.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) was established on 1st April 2001 and achieved Foundation Trust status on 1st of August 2007. In January 2013, the University of Hertfordshire awarded the HPFT University Trust status, making it only the third mental health organisation in the country to be awarded this status. The Trust provides mental health and social care services for Adults of Working Age, Older Adults, Children and Adolescents and Specialist Learning Disabilities services across Hertfordshire. HPFT employs approximately 2800 people working from more than 80 sites.
In recent years the trust has also been successful in acquiring the tender for the provision of specialist Learning disability services in Norfolk, North Essex and Buckinghamshire. The Trust covers a mix of rural and urban area, including the City of St Albans, the large towns of Watford, Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage, and the smaller towns of Hemel Hempstead, Radlett, Berkhamsted, Harpenden, Hertford, Ware, Bishops Stortford, Hitchin and Letchworth. Hertfordshire Social Services have divided the county into four areas. The county has two Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). West Hertfordshire is served by Herts Valleys CCG.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Hertfordshire core training scheme currently has 26 core trainees. In addition, there are 21 higher trainees across all subspecialities of Psychiatry including General Adult and Old Age, Intellectual Disability and CAMHS. This post also includes 3 PAs for the trust Medical Psychotherapy Tutor role as follows:
- To support all medical trainees in the Trust with completing the Psychotherapy component of their training and ensuring that trainees are aware of the College training requirements and how to meet them across their training pathway within the local scheme
- Psychotherapy supervision provision for groups of core trainees completing their mandatory psychotherapy cases, particularly for the long case which is usually completed in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Co-facilitation of the weekly balint group for core trainees and also the fortnightly balint group for higher trainees
The quality assurance of suitable psychotherapy supervisors for the core trainees for their mandatory short cases and the management of the educational governance around these.
- Liaison with and support/training of the local non-medical psychotherapy supervisors as required
- The assessment and management of a waiting list of potential psychotherapy cases that might be suitable for trainees to see
- To support higher trainees to identify suitable psychotherapy training opportunities within the trust in order that they may complete their required training competencies.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Full Registration with the GMC and inclusion on Specialist Register (or CCT expected within 3- 6 months of appointment date in Medical Psychotherapy)
- Approved Clinician Status
- Approved under Section 12
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- External qualification in psychoanalytic psychotherapy
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- Holds a full valid driving license (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010 which prevents you from driving)
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Expertise in at least one principal form of psychotherapy alongside a working familiarity with others.
- Experience of working with people requiring care through secondary mental health services, including people with personality disorders and other complex needs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
ACADEMIC SKILLS & LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Experience of & trained in a range of psychological therapies
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence
- Has actively participated in clinical audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications
- Experience of organising and overseeing psychotherapy training program for psychiatry trainees
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Watford and St Albans
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.