To co-ordinate and be accountable for the day-to-day running of UTC.
To ensure that a high quality service is delivered within the budget. To be accountable for the management of all resources within the UTC in conjunction within the Lead Nurse and the operations management team.
Liaise with the Lead Nurse over requirements of the service and staffing. To be directly responsible for the line management and appraisal of all Emergency Nurse Practitioners. In conjunction with the Clinical Practice Educator (CPE) assist with the supervision, development and support of other UTC staff.
To identify pressures in the UTC and take appropriate action to promote patient flow within the department in conjunction with senior operational staff.
Be responsible for co-ordinating the daily staff rotas, information on delays, start times and late finishes, minimising wasted resources in relation to staffing and equipment resource.
To be able to work independently using own initiative, but to seek guidance where appropriate. The Lead Emergency Nurse Practitioner will retain clinical credibility by continuing to practice as a clinical practitioner.Main duties of the job Clinical responsibilities:Be available to give expert clinical advice to staff as required.To demonstrate clinical competencies in clinical skills and to support/supervise and train junior colleagues to develop skills as required.
To exercise professional accountability at all times and to be aware of own development needs/limitations, actively seeking to address these and raise awareness in others.
Ensure UTC policies and procedures are up-to-date and that all staff comply to agreed policies and maintain best practice.
Participate in the investigation of accidents, incidents and complaints implement corrective action where necessary in consultation with the endoscopy matron.
Support the Lead Nurse to maintain accurate and timely sickness and absence information on a weekly and monthly basis, taking action to reduce sickness and absence where and when appropriate.
Demonstrate use of excellent communication skills to support patients, families in highly stressful situations to ensure staff are supported to develop these skills.
To manage conflict promptly and effectively, supporting and promoting effective working relationships within the multidisciplinary team and initiating and evaluation any action plans.
Ensure the maintenance of a safe working environment and that all areas have a named Health and Safety representative.
To be responsible for the day to day effective and efficient management of UTC staff, support staff and equipment within the department.About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Qualified Emergency Nurse Practitioner
- Emergency autonomous practitioner experience
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Management course/ experience
- Teaching and Assessing Certificate
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- UTC/WIC/MIU EXPERIENCE
- Evidence of specialist knowledge evidenced through education achievements
- Current NMC registration
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.