We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5 staff nurse to join our Recovery team on a permanent, full-time contract.
We are seeking an organised, flexible, enthusiastic and motivated nurse with post qualification experience of working in an acute care environment. A passion for providing excellence in patient care is essential. We expect that applicants are able to demonstrate a keen interest and possess insight into post-surgical care. Experience in post anaesthetic care is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
This post will involve some out of hour work i.e. 20:00 finish, weekend and night shifts.
Join us in our 'Conquest' to deliver patient focused care within a modern progressive unit. Comprising of 9 theatres specialising in General Surgery, ENT,Ophthalmic, Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Orthopaedicsand Trauma with an integrated Post Anaesthetic Care Unit.
The Post Anaesthetic Care Unit cares for both adult and paediatric patients as well as providing support for a range of specialities within the hospital.
Hastings is part of a Government regeneration scheme, benefiting those successful applicants with affordable housing andexcellent schools. With easy access to local cities and the continent, with the benefits of living on the coast.
For all posts we are able to offer:
Onsite nursery - check availabilityMain duties of the job
To support the Department Deputy Leads and Matron in maintaining an efficient and effective service delivering safe patient care within an environment that promotes a responsive approach to changing healthcare needs.About usWe are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high-quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.
If you have any questions about this position please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualilficationsEssential
- Registered Nurse or Registered Operating Dept Practitioner
- Evidence of relevant continued professional development / training to degree level or equivalent level of knowledge and experience / Revalidation documents
- Working towards mentorship and CPD at degree level
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting
- Experience of working in an acute hospital setting
- Able to work as part of a Multi-disciplinary Team
- Able to work effectively in stressful situations where the work pattern is unpredictable, highly distressing and be able to concentrate for prolonged periods of time
- Highly developed psychomotor skills, to work with delicate, specialist equipment and instrumentation
- Able to plan and organise own workload and supervise students/learners and assistant practitioners
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to lead the Multi-disciplinary Team in the absence of more senior staff
- Risk assessor training and experience
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.