Due to progression within our existing CNS team, and a further post funded for 2 years by the Cancer Alliance this is an exciting opportunity for 2 experienced Oncology nurses to join a well established and supportive team to provide excellent clinical care for Oncology patients. A high level of previous Oncology knowledge and experience will be required for this post but we are happy to support and train the right person for this post.
Set working days can be considered and happy to consider part time working or job share. Both of these posts are 2 years funding initially but we would be happy to second someone into these roles from other roles.Main duties of the job
You will provide specialist support for patients receiving oncological treatments within either the lung & upper GI Oncology team, or within the colorectal/gynae Oncology speciality. You will be providing key worker support alongside the existing CNS's within these specialities for patients receiving either chemotherapy, radiotherapy or supportive anti-cancer treatments within the Oncology Department. You will need to have excellent clinical skills and standards within the speciality and a wide knowledge of oncological treatments. You will also have a passion for being able to make a difference for patients who are going through a life changing, and in some cases life-limiting diagnosis and treatment.
Excellent communication skills will be essential in order to provide high quality information to the patient in a way in which they can understand and you will need to be confident in breaking bad news if this is required.About us
You will become part of a close knit, friendly senior team who rely on, support and encourage each other on a daily basis. We have an excellent working relationship with our wider MDT including consultant team, junior medical and nursing teams, therapies teams, treatment units and inpatient ward.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full duties and responsibilities please refer to the attached document entitled Job Description.Person SpecificationExperience and knowledgeEssential
- Significant post registration experience within the NHS
- Experience of working as a CNS
- Experience of working at B6 within oncology area
- Advanced experience and knowledge of oncology treatments, side effects and patient assessment skills
Education and Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Knowledge and experience of developing, implementing and reviewing policy and guidance
- NMC registered
- Degree or evidence of working at degree level or willingness to do so
- 998 (equiv) and evidence of supporting others with individual professional development
- Specialist oncology/chemotherapy course or evidence of relevant clinical experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with service development/improvement
- Experience of attending relevant local, network, national meetings/forums relevant to oncology
The Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS TrustAddress
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Mytton Oak Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.