An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Clinical Effectiveness Unit as Deputy Manager, Clinical Effectiveness.
Working within a supportive team the Deputy Manager will have a key role in supporting strategic as well as day to day management of the Unit. You will share a passion for ensuring that clinical audit is deployed as an effective quality improvement process that provides the opportunity to review and evidence best practice, drive improvement where required and widely share and learn together. You will also be committed to helping demonstrate how clinical audit plays an important role in providing assurance about the quality of care and services delivered to those who either use, commission or regulate.
Qualified to Masters level or equivalent, you will possess excellent organisational skills, the ability to manage multiple pieces of work and your time effectively, plus the ability to develop working relationships at every level with very strong leadership and communication skills.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will deputise for the Senior Manager of the Clinical Effectiveness Unit (CEU) as required. This will involve attendance at Trust Level patient & healthcare governance and related meetings as well as operational management of the CEU and staff.
As a member of the CEU senior management team, the Deputy Manager will also contribute towards the strategic development of the Unit and have a key role in relevant policy formulation and dissemination of this throughout the Trust. The post-holder will be available to Unit and Trust staff to offer advice and support on all matters of clinical audit & clinical effectiveness.
The Deputy Manager will have delegated responsibilities to lead, co-lead or significantly contribute to Trust-wide clinical effectiveness imperatives that improve the Trust's capacity to introduce safe and effective evidence-based practice. Delivery will rely on combining strategic development work with policy development work to underpin the strategies. They will also need to lead on the organisational development work to enable the policies to function.
In addition to building networks and relationships across the organisation, the post will also have an external focus in developing networks locally and nationally to learn from and share best practice.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service. The Trust benefits package is available we can have informal discussions with you if you wish.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification
- Masters level / or equivalent professional management qualification/ or equivalent level of experience
- Professional clinical qualification
- Evidence of continuous development through training and development courses as well as on-the-job development
- Sound understanding of clinical audit processes
- Relevant and extensive experience within clinical effectiveness / quality improvement / governance
- Relevant and extensive experience within a large, complex healthcare organisation
- Demonstrable clinical effectiveness skills e.g., Study design, project leadership and coordination, analytical and data management skills
- Experience and understanding of action planning processes
- Extensive experience of report writing
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience of negotiating with and influencing staff at all levels of seniority
- Experience of building effective and lasting working relationships with a wide range of colleagues including clinicians and senior managers.
- Experience of medium to large-scale project management
- Experience of presenting to larger audiences
- Relevant experience in a managerial post
- Staff management experience, including the setting of clear team and individual objectives, appraisal, recruitment, and management of HR issues.
- Experience of supporting the development and implementation of strategic plans.
Skills / AptitudesEssential
- Previous experience of interviewing patients
- Experience of teaching large groups
- Experience with financial planning, managing delegated budgets and acting as an authorised signatory
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Outstanding verbal communication skills including the ability to persuade and to deliver bad/ sensitive news to individuals or large audiences.
- First class written skills, including English grammar, accuracy, eye for detail
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise an unpredictable workload with frequent disruption.
- Self-awareness, an understanding of impact on others and an ability to manage self and maintain professional conduct in difficult or challenging situations.
- A clear understanding of confidentiality and GDPR when dealing with matters relating to staff and patients.
- A commitment to promoting equality and diversity in the workplace and in service delivery.
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.