**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE (ts& cs apply)** **A generous relocation package** **�10K Retention Pay Premia**
We are seeking to appoint a Consultant Psychiatrist in Mental Health Urgent Care Centre (MHUCC).
This exciting new service falls within the Acute & Unplanned care pathway. It was set up initially as a response to the Covid-19 Coronavirus crisis in early 2020, known as Diversion Hubs. It helped divert psychiatric patients from A& E and the acute hospitals during a period of intense service pressures and infection risk. Its development was also in part driven by longer term considerations of how to support people more compassionately, when in emergency crisis, who's needs we know are not best met via A& E departments.
Patients will be triaged and transferred to MHUCC from the A& E departments if willing and able. The service will ultimately also accept direct conveyance by LAS, police and walk-in referrals and is open on a 24/7 basis, accepting new referrals at all hours. MHUCC is effectively a 'mental health A& E' providing the 1-hour emergency response for mental health liaison services across the Trust, operating from its base at the Glaxo Building, Lister Hospital, Coreys Mill Lane, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 4AB.Main duties of the job
- Providing Clinical Leadership to the multi-disciplinary team
- Providing expert clinical input (including clinical assessment) for patients with complex presentations
- Oversight of initiating clinical treatment plan for service users waiting mental health admission
- Regular review of service users waiting for MH admission to ensure review of changing needs and implement appropriate changes to management plan to offer least restrictive treatment options
- Multi-agency support and management of frequent attenders to acute pathway
- To jointly work with 2 main general hospitals in Hertfordshire and Princes Alexandra hospital in West Essex and their MH liaison teams to support ED diversion of suitable service users.
- To jointly work with partner organisation in the wider system to support joined up working, policy and safe practice development and working with all stake holders to further enhance the service.
- Oversight of performance, quality and safety of the service
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an exceptional organisation with big ambitions, our aim it to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disabilities within the UK.
Whilst it is a challenging period of the NHS, there has never been a more exciting time to join HPFT following our CQC rating of Outstanding award in 2019. We are on our Good to Great journey as we continue to innovate, improve, transform and ultimately deliver the very highest standards of care to the service users and communities we service. Here's what we have to offer you
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Dedicated support to help become a future NHS Leader
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Access to a state-of-the-art Simulation Training Facility including opportunities to join the Multidisciplinary Simulation Faculty
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of �800 per person per annum
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs to seek development opportunities in service development/ management / Simulation Training /working with Community Transformation Projects
- Generous relocation package up to �7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
- To attend regular patient flow meetings within HPFT and relevant Acute Trusts as needed
- Oversight of clinical development & training of team with team leaders
- Clinical supervision of the junior medical staff in the team
- Close working with Enhanced patient flow team, inpatient teams and crisis/community teams for smooth handover of treatment plans when transferring service users
- Contribute to wider workforce development (teaching/training on MH issues) to general hospital workforce.
- Leadership at local team meetings and practice governance meetings
- Involvement with Trust wide teaching programs to support further training of psychiatric trainees
- Involvement with Trust wide Research team to contribute to further relevant research projects
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the any care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively in a timely manner.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for MHUCC and wider Mental Health Liaison Service and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust and the team including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- Relevant higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications .
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- CCT in Psychiatry OR Inclusion on the GMC Specialist Register in psychiatry OR within six months of achieving CCT/CESR at the time of interview.
CLINICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCEEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice.
- Section 12/Approved clinician approval.
- Experience of the full range of clinical responsibilities expected of a consultant in General Adult Psychiatry.
- Experience of close collaborative working with social care and other agencies.
- Experience of working with service users who have complex and crisis needs within General Adult psychiatry.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty.
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others.
ACADEMIC SKILLS LIFELONG LEARNINGEssential
- Endorsement in Liaison Psychiatry
- Previous experience in working in Mental health liaison service
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service.
- Excellent degree of medical knowledge in relation to diagnosis, management and treatment of common and complex acute mental health crisis in adult & older adults (functional)
- Experience in working in community, crisis and inpatient services including consultant on-calls
- Experience in working with complex and high-risk presentations including complex EUPD, dual diagnosis
- Experience in working with multi-agency framework to support service users
- Management experience
- Service development experience
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training.
- Participated in continuous professional development.
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Holds a full valid driving license and access to a car (Unless you have a disability as defined by the Disability Discrimination Act 1995).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post.
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken.
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
- Experience of organising and overseeing psychotherapy training program for psychiatry trainees.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.