If you are looking for an opportunity to progress in your Occupational Therapy career in an inclusive & innovate department then this could be perfect for you.
We have a number of rotational band 6 vacancies, offering part time and full time hours. Service expansion and internal promotions have allowed us to be able to offer fixed term and permanent contracts.
You will have the opportunity to experience rotations within areas including Health Care for Older People, Neurosciences, including Neurosurgery, Stroke, Trauma, Acute Medicine, Specialist Surgery, Burns & Plastics, Oncology, haematology, Older People's Assessment and Liaison Service (OPAL) & Upper Limb.
You will have the opportunity to work with Senior colleagues and work within a multi-disciplinary team. We offer support with specialist areas including postural management, wheelchairs and splinting. You will be expected to supervise and support junior OT staff and provide daily leadership to your clinical team.
You will have access to regular supervision as well as a therapy wide Band 6 development programme.
This post comes with the support of specialist teams and Senior colleagues. This is extended by our School of Nursing, AHPs and Midwifery. The school offers opportunities for career growth and development, and our focus is on providing a supportive environment as part of continuing professional development. We want you to feel a sense of belonging, community, commitment and support whilst working at UHB.Main duties of the job
We would expect applicants to have excellent communication skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work autonomously. Organisational and time management skills are essential.
You will have excellent prioritisation skills and demonstrate client centred practice.
You should have relevant clinical experience specific to the post, and you will need to have experience of working within the Acute NHS as well as working within a multi-disciplinary team.
We would expect any newly qualified staff on a preceptorship programme to have been signed off at 12 months.
The successful candidate will be required to supervise staff and complete annual appraisals of staff as well as support undergraduate students within their clinical placements.
We offer a range of clinical rotations, working within the multi-disciplinary team. You will be supported to develop your knowledge and skills in each clinical area in line with each rotation.
There is opportunity to be involved in the therapy strategy and service development work.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- *BSc Degree in Occupational Therapy/ Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- *Current registration with Health and Care Professions Council.
- *A levels or equivalent qualification
- *Good standard of general education including GCSE maths and English grade C and above.
- *Evidence of CPD including recent post graduate training relevant to clinical speciality.
- *Evidence of leadership training.
- *Attendance at Clinical Educators Course.
- *Demonstrates comprehensive clinical experience enabling the post holder to manage a caseload of patients with complex needs in this speciality.
- *Significant experience of working in an acute hospital setting
- *Experience of team/service development.
- *Experience of supporting and supervision of junior therapists, student occupational therapists and assistants.
- *A specialist knowledge across a range of therapy practices, routine and non-routine, requiring expertise within the field of therapy.
- *Good understanding of working in an acute trust.
- *Understanding of current legislation and application to Occupational Therapy.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- *Demonstrate a professional attitude.
- *An ability to cope with moving/manoeuvring patients/equipment on a daily basis.
- *An ability to frequently concentrate on patient assessments and treatments.
- *An ability to cope with occasional exposure to distressing/emotional situations.
- *Demonstrate an interest in developing expertise within the clinical areas.
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.