An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Community Mental Health Nurse to join our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service in Barking and Dagenham. The successful candidate will benefit from the support of the multi-disciplinary team and will be able to develop skills and knowledge in this specialist area.
The successful candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic about maintaining and improving standards at all times. If you are an overseas qualified nurse and wanting to start your journey to becoming a UK based registered nurse with the NMC, you can check whether you are eligible to be supported through our Capital Nurse consortium. Please visit https://www.capitalnurselondon.co.uk/how-to-apply/. Whilst NELFT is happy to welcome overseas nurses we are unable to consider your application directly. You should submit your interest and apply through the Capital Nurse London group.Main duties of the job To be responsible for organising and prioritising own workload in the day to day allocation of work. To have organisational knowledge relating to Trust protocols and procedures and adhere to them, particularly administration of medicine and moving and handling. To be responsible for providing accurate records of information required by the Trust for audit purposes. To ensure effective risk management at team level by accident/incident reporting, assessing and controlling risk and ensuring residual risks are added to the Trust register. To work effectively with GPs to ensure early referral and diagnosis To work jointly and collaboratively with NELFT colleagues in order to enhance and develop services to service users and their families. To ensure communication channels are consistent and understandable and that information provided is relevant and informed. About usStarting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Comprehensive assessments in the Service Users own home
- Supporting the Access Team Function receiving and screening new referrals
- Working effectively within the Older Adults Mental Health Service
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and procedures
- Working effectively with our partners in the Local Authority and Voluntary services. Representing the Service at various meetings across Barking & Dagenham.
- Ensuring assessments are comprehensive and informative to aid diagnosis
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that all referrals are seen in a timely manner
- Advocating for the Service User
- Supporting the Memory Service to maintain its Accreditation under the Memory Services National Accreditation Programme.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationDemonstration of Trust ValuesEssential
- Putting people first
- Prioritising quality
- Being progressive, innovative and continually improve
- Being professional and honest
- Promoting what is possible, independence, opportunity and choice
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Current RMN Registration
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Student Mentor
- Post-registration clinical development.
- To have experience as a caseworker/named nurse.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating aspects of care.
- Working/liaising with multi-disciplinary teams and other agencies in the provision of care.
- Facilitating and leading groups for clients with severe and enduring mental health problems.
- Customer service and helping people
- Dealing with emotional distress
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience of working with children with mental health needs.
- Knowledge of the NHS long-term plan and clinical governance priorities.
- An understanding of mental health issues.
- An understanding of the need to use an enabling approach.
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Safeguarding
- Knowledge of Social Care and the Care Act
- IT and keyboard skills
- Active listening skills Good communication skills
- Approachable positive manner
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users and carers
- Ability to communicate in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to acknowledge diversity and promote anti-discriminatory practice/equal opportunities
- Ability to deal with potential situations of conflict
- Take appropriate action in response to any potential safeguarding issues
- Basic understanding of service users
- Ability to provide practical support with daily living activities Respect and understand the need to maintain confidentiality
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To be able to travel efficiently throughout the area
- Ability to work flexibly and, if required, work shifts
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Child and Family Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.