We have an exciting opportunity for an Older Persons consultant psychiatrist to join our West Sussex Care Delivery Service for one year on a fixed term basis. The role is based in Opal Ward which cares for adults and older adults with mental health diagnoses who require in-patient care.Main duties of the job
You will work with the MDT on the ward to provide excellent care to patients admitted to the ward. You will work with other acute in-patient services in Langley Green and with local community teams.
This role can also support research, development, medical education or special interests. We strongly believe in creating roles that provide a service but also give you the opportunity to develop your own areas of special interest.
On appointment you will have the opportunity to join the Trust wide consultant network as well as having access to peer support from colleagues here in West Sussex.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
You will be part of a friendly and supportive multidisciplinary team that consists of Nurses, Psychologist, Occupational Therapists and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Opal Ward, Langley Green Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.