We are looking to recruit a Cardiac Physiologist / Healthcare Science Practitioner to work as part of our Invasive Diagnostic Cardiology team. This post is an ideal opportunity for an individual who has experience working in invasive cardiac physiology and wishes to develop their skills and knowledge in a tertiary centre.
The post holder will be required to support all invasive areas of Cardiac Physiology and participate in the on-call PPCI and cardiac devices rota.
Additional training will be provided to the successful applicants who may have limited experience of tertiary centre procedures.
We are willing to consider applicants at training Annex 21 dependent on clinical experience.
Salary will be in accordance with annex 21 of the AFC Terms and conditions, based on the maximum salary of AfC Band (6) as follows:
Main duties of the jobJob Purpose
- Year 1 - 60%
- Year 2 - 65%
- Year 3 - 70%
- Year 4 - 75%
The individual is required to work competently with a multidisciplinary team in the Diagnostic Cardiology Unit. The individual will be required to perform tasks unsupervised and to assist senior staff as required. The post holder must be able to participate in non-invasive clinical procedurescompetently. In addition, the post holder will be required to supervise, train, guide and support staff in the performance of their individual roles and to give support to senior staff members.
The individual will be given the opportunity to post graduate level training in Invasive cardiac physiology and undertake BHRS accreditation.About us
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes a firm commitment to professional development of it's staff together with the provision of an excellent health and well-being support service.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc(hons) Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) / BSc(hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiology) or equivalent qualification
- Registered or eligible to register with RCCP, AHCS or HCPC
- Post graduate study in a relevant field
- Immediate Life Support
- SCST Part I & II, Certificate in Electrocardiography or Diploma
- SCST Diploma in Electrocardiography interpretation
- BHRS written assessment completed.
- Experience in providing specialised, unsupervised diagnostic reports to an appropriate level and highlight and urgent findings
- Experience in undertaking all non-invasive investigations including leading ETT and Tilt table testing
- Experience in invasive cardiac physiology investigations
- Professional membership of relevant professional body obtained by examination
- Experience in supervision and assessment
- Willingness to undertake further education to attain relevant qualifications for the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate well with patients and colleagues
- Excellent ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Excellent IT skills, computer literacy to a high level
- Maintain infection control standards within the department
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.