We are looking for an experienced Community Nursing, Health Visiting or AHP leader to become our Director of Nursing/AHPs and Quality for community services, to support and build our new team and partnerships in our community services. The Enfield 0-19 community service will transfer to North Mid in September and become the central part of our community services and our aim to provide high quality, integrated care to our local population. Our Forward View, published last year, set out our 5 year strategy for being more than a valued local hospital to being ananchor organisation in our communities and a 'good neighbour'. That means working in partnership with colleagues in local government, the NHS and third sector to be an integrated part of improving and sustaining everyone's health and wellbeing.
You will be a true advocate for community provision and accomplished at building relationships, partnerships and pathways that deliver real benefits for patients and harness the best from our teams of professionals, being able to inspire and motivate your teams, partners and colleagues and help us deliver our potential and promises to our local communities. The seniority of the post also reflects our commitment to the nursing and AHP leadership and voice in the organisation, high professional standards and a drive for quality governance and quality improvement.Main duties of the job
This post requires a real commitment to the principles of devolution of decision making to clinical teams. The post holder will be skilled at coaching individuals to enable them to deliver the very best clinical care. Working closely with the Divisional Director of Operations and part time Divisional Clinical Director, you will enable clinical leads and their teams to establish themselves as fully functioning service lines.
You will work closely with the Divisional Director of Operations as well as being a key member of the North Mid senior nursing/AHP team. At North Mid, you'll find a team that truly believes in living our values in everything we do. We are caring, we are fair and we are open.About us
North Mid is part of North Central London integrated care system - consisting of the NHS and Local authority organisations in Camden, Islington, Barnet, Enfield and Haringey. As with other ICS's, we are working increasingly closely with partners and indeed many of our financial and performance objectives are measured at this system level. Whilst all organisations remain as standalone, statutory bodies we have an ICS infrastructure for making shared decisions and agreeing shared approaches.
We are proud of our staff and want to ensure their training allows them to provide excellent clinical care. We are also a training unit for medical students from UCL and St George's University Grenada, and for nursing and midwifery students from Middlesex and City Universities.
Take a tour of our hospital hereJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will work closely with the Divisional Director of Operations as well as being a key member of the North Mid senior nursing/AHP team. At North Mid, youll find a team that truly believes in living our values in everything we do. We are caring, we are fair and we are open.
For full details please see job description.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse/AHP
- MSc or equivelent in relevant subject
- Management Leadership qualification
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Specialist practitioner qualification
- Organisational skills, able to deliver objectives within an agreed time frame.
- Leadership - highly developed clinical leadership and influencing skills with ability to enthuse, motivate individuals and teams.
- Able to act as an advocate and representative for nursing, midwifery, staff and patients
- Coaching skills - relevant training or experience of coaching staff.
- Able to prioritise work in the face of competing demands.
- Extensive knowledge of practice and policy across a broad range of responsibilities
- Extensive senior clinical and managerial leadership.
- Sound knowledge and extensive experience of leading on safeguarding children and vulnerable adult agendas.
- Knowledge and experience of leading significant change to patient services, delivering tangible and sustained improvements
- A sound knowledge of Nursing and AHP and policy issues.
- Experience of managing large numbers of staff/multi-disciplinary teams.
- Detailed knowledge of priorities for Nursing, Health Visiting and AHPs to enhance patient outcomes and staff well being
- Experience of using redesign methodologies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Self-confidence states own position on issues unhesitatingly takes decisions when required within area of authority and commits self and others accordingly.
- Flexibility adapts to ensure achievement of objectives within constantly changing situations and environments.
- Strong sense of commitment to openness, honesty and integrity in undertaking the role.
- Motivation driven by a genuine interest and concern for the quality and appropriateness of patient services.
North Middlesex University Hospital NHS TrustAddress
North Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.