The post holder will provide IT Training and Application Support to the Great Western Hospitals (GWH) staff, mainly those working within the Integrated Care and Community Division. Training and support will include operational use of Office 365, a range of GWH IT devices, the TPP SystmOne clinical application, mobile working technologies and other related systems such as AccuRx and the Integrated Care Record (ICR).Main duties of the job
The IT department at the Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is looking for an experienced IT Trainer.
This role, within the Trust's Clinical Applications team, will undertake all aspects of training the Trust's community system, SystmOne TPP along with other core clinical applications and general IT usage, to a wide and diverse clinical and non-clinical user base.
As part of an IT Training programme the successful candidate will ensure the highest standards of documentation, planning and delivery, for classroom training, on-line learning, and training on an ad-hoc 1-1 basis. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running with an exciting, busy and concentrated training program, for which you will take the sole initiative. The position will therefore suit an experienced and enthusiastic Trainer who can show flexibility in their approach to delivering a successful Training programme to the Trust's SytmOne TPP users, within the Swindon area.
The successful candidate will be supported in the role by a dedicated IT team, where our IT service delivery puts patients and clinical teams first. If you are therefore someone who values job satisfaction, is self-motivated and also quickly establishes good working relationships with colleagues and system Users, we would love to hear from you.About us
Our STAR values are at the heart of everything we do. You can expect to see them in the way we act and the way we treat each other. Our values make us who we are. We will expect your values and behaviours to reflect the STAR Values of the organisation: Service
We will put our patients first Teamwork
We will work together Ambition
We will aspire to provide the best service Respect
We will act with integrityJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesIT Training Work to plan and deliver face to face or virtual training of TPP SystmOne and Mobile working technologies Organise course content and produce appropriate course material, lesson plans and user guides which may include on line learning Ensure that related training material on the intranet is kept up to date and maintaine Application Support To develop and maintain a good understanding of the processes and system requirements of the TPP SystmOne application and its relationship to current operational requirements Work closely with users to identify efficient and effective ways of using IT and software applications Maintain a suitable level of skill and training to ensure the IT department can offer a high level of customer support
Please see the attached job description and person specification for full details.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Good educational background demonstrable training/management experience.
- Minimum standard of O-level/GCSE or equivalent.
- ECDL or equivalent IT qualification Knowledge of standard Microsoft packages.
- Degree-level qualification in IT or Training.
- City and Guilds 730 Adult Teaching Certificate or equivalent desirable.
- Training in the use of IT systems to support health and/or business functions.
- Previous experience of using TPP SystmOne
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience in the provision of training to other staff.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Highly computer literate and has the ability and willingness to learn new systems rapidly.
- An ability to communicate complex technical material in a non-technical way.
- Customer support activities.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Microsoft Office suite, Word/Access/Excel
- TPP SystmOne
- Other health or social care systems
- Experience of use of e-learning software packages (Articulate 360)
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
1st Floor, North District Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.