Band 6 - Senior Neuro Occupational Therapist (Acute / ESD Rotation)
- looking for an excellent opportunity to work with our Acute / Hyper-acute and early supported stroke discharge teams as part of a Neuro rotation?
- passionate about top class patient care with a belief that every day matters?
- looking for new learning opportunities to expand your competencies & skills?
- ready for a new challenge?
- driven to change the narrative of OT within the Trust and our wider communities to promote and develop a strong workforce now for future generations?
- Committed to making the NHS have a brighter future?
Do you want:
- to learn in a fast-paced hospital and community setting?
- work with a diverse team with wide knowledge and experience?
- develop your knowledge and skill with support from peers, specialists, clinical educators, experienced Occupational Therapy leaders?
- develop strong leadership skills to assist with service and people development
- a workplace that has energy and a drive to proactively respond and think outside the box for the best service now and into the future?
We can offer:
Main duties of the job
- an acute and community rotation providing you with diverse experience working with stroke and other neurological conditions,
- excellent learning opportunities with a high level of support and supervision and appraisal from senior colleagues,
- peer support from a large group of colleagues on the rotation
- opportunities for service improvement
- excellent CPD opportunities
To provide excellent, high-quality person-centred clinical care that advocates for patients, strive to provide a service fit for today and the future develop personal leadership to support clinical growth.
The successful post holder should have experience working with stroke and a range of other neurological conditions.
Our teams across all sites have a friendly, supportive atmosphere and a real team ethic. We know how to look after our staff - making sure they achieve the ideal work-life balance. As a Trust we offer a multi-professional preceptorship programme. In addition, we offer excellent training opportunities supported by an APH practice development lead and clinical flow lead.About us
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust provides NHS hospital services for around 900,000 people across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
As well as delivering excellent general hospital services to local people, we provide specialist heart attack, vascular, stroke, spinal, cystic fibrosis and plastic surgery services across a much wider area.
We provide a service to Frimley Park, Wexham Park, Farnham and Heatherwood Hospitals, as well as our local community team. This offers great development opportunities in a fast-paced settings which provide seven-day services to our patients.
Our three core values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other, Committed to Excellence, Working Together and Facing the Future.
We are also proud to host the Defence Medical Group South East at Frimley Park with military surgical, medical and nursing personnel working alongside the hospital's NHS staff providing care to patients in all specialities
In the Therapies Directorate we have a strong Equality Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) culture and welcome applicants who will continue to contribute to the power of diversity we want in our teams to help us deliver our best services to our population.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
If you are inspired to know more about this opportunity and our team, please see the job description attached, which outlines the main duties of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Degree or Diploma in OT
- HCPC registration
- Fieldwork educators course
- evidence of Post grad study in neuro conditions
- Ability to work single-handedly with individuals and groups
- Ability to manage own workload and determine priorities
- able to work under pressure
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
- Training and facilitation skills
- Use of an NHS EPR
- knowledge of evidence based practice
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Ability to clinical reason/ plan intervention independently
- Experience working with neuro patients in an acute / community setting
- Experience of research and audit
- Advice and informal supervision to support staff and students
- Experience working in the NHS
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Willingness to rotate clinical area of work
- Must be able to travel between sites
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Frimley Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.