This is an exciting opportunity to join a flexible and friendly team working with children and young people in care to fulfil the Trusts responsibility to improve the outcomes for Children in Care and Care Leavers. Fixed term or secondment for 6 months. If you are a registered nurse with SCPHN registration, considerable experience working with children and young people and would like to develop your knowledge and skills within a specialist area we would like to hear from you. Experience of working with children and young people in care or with complex health and social needs, including emotional health difficulties and, or learning difficulties would be advantageous.
This is a permanent role and will be supported by the Team Lead and Named Nurse for Children in Care, with opportunities for supervision, training and development. We cover Pan-Dorset and this post will be primarily based in BCP Council area .
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.
Informal enquiries encouraged by contacting Team Leaders - Clare Billings (07468755644) and Jan Hoyland (07770735756)Main duties of the job
To have excellent communications skills with children between ages of 0-18 to conduct statutory CiC Review Health Assessments which includes the developmental and emotional wellbeing of looked after children in accordance with national and local guidance and policy. This may be in home, clinic or other setting.
To contribute to the implementation of healthcare plans following the identification of health need.
Take appropriate action when further support, advice or intervention is needed in relation to health needs, signposting and referring to other services where necessary.
As a Specialist Nurse we would expect some experience in leadership and management as there will be some supervisory responsibilities to other members of the team as part of this role.
To be able to take responsibility for a defined caseload and work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the caseload is managed effectively and safely.
This is a fixed term role and for those with current NHS service, the role will be offered on a secondment basis only. Please obtain permission to be released on a secondment before submitting an application.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationKnowledge, Skills & TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse with at least 2 years experience of working with children and young people in care or with complex health and social needs.
- Excellent time management. Ability to organise self and others to achieve tasks
- Proficient with information technology, i.e. Patient administration systems and email
- Experience of assessing, planning and implementing programmes of care, for Children and young people. Demonstrating clinical excellence and high standards of practice to others
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Clinical Supervisor Training
- Evidence of effective leadership and service development
- Experience of public health approaches in community setting
- Experience of Multi-disciplinary and multiagency working
- Experience of working with vulnerable families and looked after children
- Providing clinical supervision and Mentorship
- Experience of making judgements in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous experience at Band 6 level
- Experience of contributing towards policy and service development
TrainingEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Subject to the provisions of the Equality Act, able to travel using own vehicle on Trust business
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekend and evening when required
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Poole and Dorchester
14A COMMERCIAL ROAD, POOLE
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.