The Estates and Facilities Department is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic CAD and Information Technical Engineer to join the team. Based at the John Radcliffe Hospital you will be joining a small established team supporting Estates and Facilities services across the Trust providing high quality essential drawing and information to a variety of disciplines and departments. Main duties of the job
The CAD and Information Technical Engineer will have a minimum of 2-years recent AutoCAD experience and be trained to a British/UK standard. The engineer will also have a range of experience working with UK standard architectural/engineering AutoCAD drawings and will be part of a specialist team delivering accurate drawing information and documentation to the Estates, Facilities, Capital Development Team, and wider Trust.
Prepare, update, and manage the Trust's AutoCAD drawings, working primarily with building floor layout plans, fire plans, space plans, asbestos layouts, and all types of services plans as well as small projects of a varying nature.
The role requires the individual to interrogate complex datasets and communicate with various teams and departments for verification, ensuring high quality results in a timely manner. As part of a small established team, the individual will utilise their knowledge and experience combined with enthusiasm and excellent communication skills that will be essential for the development and progress of the department in providing an efficient and effective service to the Trust and beyond.About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training, and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital
, Churchill Hospital
and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and the Horton General Hospital
in Banbury.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Prepare, edit, update, and manage the Trusts AutoCAD drawings and drawing library on an on-going basis with an emphasis on quality of work, accuracy, and attention to detail at all stages of the process.
- Maintain associated drawing documentation such as revision history and job tracker spreadsheets.
- Follow standard procedures and protocols for drawings, drawing information and system maintenance as set out by the department.
- Identify, analyse, and fix faults or errors relating to the drawing files, drawing library, drawing information and where necessary proactively research possible resolutions.
- The Trust drawings are architectural and engineering in nature and will require the ability to switch between a variety of disciplines such as standard floor plan layouts, fire equipment and escape drawings, space occupancy plans, asbestos location plans and various mechanical and electrical service layout plans.
- Undertake physical site and building surveys across the Trust to verify a range of information for example [but not limited to], building floor layouts, fire equipment information, site access roads and paths, exterior building facade for elevation drawings, or visible services.
- Where required organise meetings and liaise directly with departments, staff, and other stakeholders across the Trust to verify essential drawing information.
- Plan and organise daily / weekly tasks and prioritise changing workloads with an emphasis on excellent regular communication with the CAD and information team.
Regular communication will also include reporting on any drawing, work scheduling, or technical issues with the team.
- Upload completed drawings and various documentation to the Trust property database system (Micad) following standard guidelines for naming convention and storage protocols.
- General reporting via the Trust property database (Micad) which might include providing drawing and documentation Information to various Trust departments and other stakeholders when requested.
- Provide assistance for the Trust property database system (Micad) to and OUH staff and other stakeholders as required.
- Assist in the upkeep of the Trust property database (Micad) by maintaining protocols, procedures and general good practice for naming convention and filing.
- General reporting using Excel and Word to produce a variety of information spreadsheets and standard operation procedure documents.
- Support the Information Manager with special requests for information and reporting as well as occasional projects related to the Micad / CAD systems as requested.
- Full Current Driving Licence
- High level GCSE/A Level education
- BTEC HNC in an Information Technology related discipline
- Equivalent knowledge and experience
- Formal AutoCAD qualification
- Minimum of 2-years recent AutoCAD experience
- Minium of 2 years recent Microsoft programmes suite
- Proficient with AutoCAD software, trained to British/UK standard with a range of experience of working with architectural/engineering drawings, including building floor layouts and Mechanical & Electrical services plans
- Must have strong keyboard skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and exercise a high degree of professional judgement
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Able to interpret various data sources and formats and translate these into an understandable and useable source of information for team members and the wider Trust
- Able to demonstrate the analytical skills and judgement required to identify/diagnose a range of defects and failures in relation to various projects and specific parts of the role
- Adaptable to change within the role itself, and all drawing related disciplines, the individual will be flexible and have the ability to multi-task with variable projects and workloads
- The ability to access difficult areas for surveying purposes, these may include confined spaces, roof tops and roof voids.
- Occasionally lift heavy loads, with support of lifting equipment where appropriate
- Working with VDU in office environment
- Full current driving licence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in working in a similar role within the NHS
- Previous experience of working with an Internet Property Management system (Micad)
- Site experience with surveying abilities
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Knowledge & awareness of Estates legislation's including: Building Regulations,Asbestos Regulations and Fire Regulations
- Experience of working in a large company or Hospital Environment.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Osler Lodge, Osler Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.