Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust is looking to recruit a full-time substantive Consultant Psychiatrist. This post is based on the CMHT in Bury and is a Community post.
This is an exciting time to join the Trust and there are many opportunities to contribute to the organisations' development and to look at service redesign models. Bury has a very strong teaching commitment and candidates will be expected to contribute to the teaching of medical and nursing staff. There are close links to ongoing research projects. The Consultants contribute to local service user & carer groups.Main duties of the job
To provide high-quality Mental Health Care for adults with severe and enduring mental health problems within the community
To work closely with other teams and Consultants to ensure coherent and high-quality mental health care for adults with severe and enduring mental health problems within the Bury area
To work with the other Consultants to support the development of the service, and to attend local and divisional service development meetingsAbout us
The post holder will be based at the Irwell Unit, Fairfield General Hospital. Bury operates an Inpatient- Outpatient model (New Ways of Working) and is staffed by 6 full-time Consultants in Adult Psychiatry. Each Community Consultant is allocated a Junior Doctor (NW Deanery training schemes) to work with them with support from advanced practitioner and sessional input from a speciality doctor. The EIT is covered by a part time consultant.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Applicants must be on the GMCs Specialist Register or eligible for inclusion or be within six months of the anticipated award of a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in General Adult Psychiatry at the time of interview for the post. Low frequency on-call (1 in 30) with full second tier on call and 1 day off after your on call. We offer ample opportunities for our consultants professional development and opportunities for additional work for additional PAs ( require negotiation)
.Person SpecificationRequired Criteria and QualificationsEssential
- Possession of Medical Degree
- Full GMC registration with License to practice
- Entry into Specialist Register
- Higher psychiatric training or its equivalent
- Section 12 (2) Approval under Mental Health Act 1983 or be eligible for approva
Employer detailsEmployer name
- MRCPsych or equivalent Registered as completed Higher Training with the Royal College of Psychiatrists Progress towards additional Post Graduate Degree, such as MSc. or MD.
- Other postgraduate degrees e.g. MSc, MD, MRCP etc
- Possession of CCT in general adult psychiatry or be within 6 months of achieving this or on the Specialist Register with the GMC for general adult psychiatry
- Current or past educational supervisor of a basic trainee and a specialist registrar.
- Evidence of leading the development of services elsewhere.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Irwell Unit, Fairfield Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.