This role will provide 3rd line support, technical expertise and knowledge within the End User Computing (EUC) team to ensure staff throughout the Trust both on-site and remote receive the highest quality experience for their workplace services. You will act as an escalation point to assist 1st and 2nd line support staff as necessary
Hybrid working is available with onsite activities and team days taking place at the Digital team's base. The post holder will also be required to attend sites across Yorkshire to deliver support.
Participation in an on-call rota.
In pursuing these duties, the post holder will ensure compliance with the NHS Constitution (details of which can be found at the following websites www.nhsemployers.org or www.dh.gov.uk/nhsconstitutionMain duties of the job
- Perform the investigation and resolution of sometimes complex operational incidents, recurring incidents and problems relating to the End User Computing Services.
- Protect EUC systems and applications against cyber-attacks by remediating exploits, threats and vulnerabilities immediately and out of hours as required.
- Proactively research and respond to all end user device vulnerabilities in line with Digital security policies.
- Perform changes as required in alignment with the Change Management Process.
- Perform project work as required acting as subject matter expert for End User Computing.
- Establish and apply standards for hardware and software provisioning.
- Create, deploy and maintain endpoint configurations, build images using industry standard technologies.
- Ensure out of date EUC devices are replaced in a timely fashion.
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future.
We want to attract staff who embrace our Right Care behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients we want to make these part of our DNA.
We appreciate all people may have diverse and individual needs and we pride ourselves on supporting all people to thrive and flourish at work. We have frameworks in place that support reasonable adjustments and flexible working for colleagues throughout their working lives which starts at recruitment.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
Carry out a variety of activities including (but not limited to) specification, maintenance
and updating of Windows endpoints, mobile telephony and tablets, creation and
maintenance of Intune policies, maintenance and updating of SCCM, testing of end user
equipment and applications, support and maintenance of Microsoft 365 products,
creation and maintenance of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, in partnership with the Datacentre Manager
- Responsible for the design, development, implementation and continuous management
of End User Computing Services Policies and standards, including Information Security processes and best practices for Digital teams
- Manage and run the end user computing service provision in accordance with service level agreements and DIGITAL policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and enforcing DIGITAL based computing regulations, policies and administrative compliance.
- Responsible for the identification and management of key risks and escalating them in
accordance with DIGITAL procedures as appropriate.
- Responsible for the successful planning, development, management and day-to-day
running of all aspects of EUC Management Service for DIGITAL including change management activities, KPI monitoring/reporting and instigation of/leading service improvement programmes.
- Keep up to date with changing market technologies and industry trends in this specialised field and advise DIGITAL and Trust senior management of products that could be beneficial.
- Design, develop and implement changes and updates to the core build and applications with a view to continuously improving the end user computing experience.
- Proactively manage the resolution of complex incidents and problems using industry
standard ITIL processes and, where necessary in collaboration with colleagues, senior
managers and 3rd party suppliers.
- As the end user computing specialist, advises on project / programme business cases that involve mobility computing solutions and on the selection of suppliers, tendering and
procurement to support the proposed solutions.
- Deliver support documentation, training and knowledge sharing to the Service Desk, 1st and 2nd line technicians to assist in future fault resolution.
- Perform root cause analysis on recurring issues and communicate results with all relevant groups within DIGITAL.
Technical Documentation To participate in the development of business cases or relevant project documentation when requested via the PMO To understand and participate within the project governance framework including risk register and benefits realisation reporting. To develop, contribute to or revise policies and procedures related to operational areas within the project where required. To maintain the EUC Knowledgebase and technical Library. To work with project and programme colleagues in the constant improvement of Digital service delivery practices within the Digital directorate.
- Evaluate, test and document Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software / hardware products and solutions.
- Coordinates and performs the implementation of future upgrades including comprehensive testing for all end user computing equipment, liaising with internal and external teams and suppliers as required.
- Perform emergency or periodically planned EUC services administration tasks, maintenance / upgrades and configuration changes.
- Ensures that system software is tailored to facilitate the achievement of service Plans the installation and testing of new versions of client software.
- Manages the initiation, coordination and implementation of research and development activities, ensuring we are aligned to industry best practice using appropriate.
Leadership and Management To lead multiple staff within the EUC team, prioritising and allocating work. To directly line manage dedicated team resources. To manage staff resources allocated to projects To keep track of the overall budget and physical resources / assets, ensuring that the EUC team is able to commit resources to ensure successful delivery, reporting variances as appropriate. Create monitoring and feedback processes which ensure at a strategic level, resources are committed to deliver the Services Communication To be responsible for verbal and written communication. Both within the organisation and externally. To communicate (in a non-technical manner) information to senior managers, clinical and administrative staff throughout the organisation. Manage staff expectations relevant to the agreed SLA and or project. Prepare and deliver presentations and briefings on specific, relevant topics at all levels both within the Trust and at external meetings, seminars, conferences and other events. Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
Desirable Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Degree or equivalent qualification (or significant experience in a similar role)
- Detailed Digital Asset management knowledge .
- Experience of managing & deploying desktops, laptops, associated end user devices and associated technologies.
- Experience of working with suppliers and managing a range of stakeholder relationships
- Proven experience of end point protection and patching
- Proven professional experience of working effectively within a team in an operational systems environment.
- Proven experience of working in agile environments
- Proven experience of technical fault finding and resolution within a large scale organisation.
- Proven experience of working with end users.
- Experience of working within an Acute NHS Trust and working with clinical and administrative staff.
- Experience of working with implementation of digital systems in a healthcare setting
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (with internal and external clients)
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work and conflicting priorities and objectives within a changing environment.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Motivation and ability to continually and actively learn and expand skills/knowledge.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Confident in routine dealings with directors, managers and clinical and administrative staff of all levels
- Management and leadership skills
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.