Contract Type: Permanent Hours per week: 18.75 hours ENT/Voice post
Are you a skilled, resourceful and dynamic Speech and Language Therapist, with experience of managing patients with complex dysphagia and communication impairments including voice disorders?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join our existing Adult Speech and Language Therapy Team. This role will be based at York hospital and will deliver care to patients via the outpatient service. There will be a specific focus of supporting patients with ENT/voice disorders including dysphagia.
The Adult Speech and Language Therapy team based at York Hospital is responsible for delivering care across all aspects of the patient journey (inpatients, outpatients, community and specialist services such as Stroke and Head & Neck cancer). We have a weekly Speech and Language Therapy led Videofluoroscopy service. The ability to transport yourself and equipment across the locality during the course of a normal working day is required for this vacancyMain duties of the job
You will demonstrate sound skills in the assessment, differential diagnosis and management of adult communication and swallowing disorders, specifically related to ENT/Voice.
You will liaise closely with multidisciplinary teams, families, carers, GPs and AHPs to provide holistic care to your patients as required.
You will be well supported by the Advanced Clinical Specialist Speech & Language Therapists, in the fields of Voice, Dysphagia, Stroke, Neurology and Head & Neck Cancer as well as the Team Manager and the Professional Lead for Speech & Language Therapy.
You will contribute to service development by taking an active role in leading on projects and supporting the Advanced Clinical Specialists with audits and research. You will also contribute to providing engaging student placements.
You will have access to:
- weekly SLT-Led Videofluoroscopy clinics
- a monthly joint voice clinic
- regular full team and smaller clinical team meetings
- a comprehensive programme of supervision and support
You will be able to transport yourself and your equipment independently across the region. Trust pool cars are available.
You will need to be flexible with time and skills, in order to respond to the needs of the service. This may involve some acute inpatient/community work at times.About us
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities A full description of the role is available in the attachment: job description. Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- HCPC Registered Speech & Language Therapist
- Evidence of relevant CPD activities
Experience and knowledge requiredEssential
- Evidence of recognised post graduate training within specialist area
- Practice placement supervisor qualification
- Experience in a relevant junior role, including the management of a range of conditions, with evidence of additional knowledge acquired through formal and informal clinical supervision
- Evidence of ability to manage complex clinical presentations
- Experience in delivering clinical treatment within specialist area
- Understanding of current issues in health care Standards of Professional Practice
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Delivery of relevant audit projects
- Developed / Specialist clinical skills within relevant area
- Experience in the use of outcome measures to evaluate clinical treatment
- Experience of training/supporting others (including students) within specialist clinical area
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to work as an effective member of multidisciplinary team
- Ability to present information, written and verbally in a clear and logical manner
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate engagement with others and understanding of the impact of good and poor communication
Aptitude & Personal QualitiesEssential
- Ability to use different communication methods and styles, relevant to specialty
- Evidence of personal development in relevant area
Values, Drivers & MotivatorsEssential
- Flexible & adaptable
- Ability to work as a team
- Demonstrates professional demeanour at all times
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to demonstrate our organisational values and behaviours
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.