We are looking for a skilled and motivated Cardiac Physiologist or Clinical Scientist to join our growing Echo team. Based at Peterborough City Hospital and working across acute hospital and community sites, you will provide specialist skills and leadership within a team offering diverse Physiologist and Scientist led services, supported by our Cardiologist colleagues. As this service seeks to grow, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop with it in out purpose built Cardiology unit.Main duties of the job
Echo service delivery using BSE standards, the post holder will be expected to grow to include complex Echo delivery and reporting, to provide training and mentorship for Physiologists and Doctors training in Echo and to take an active role in research and audit opportunities.About us
Our teams work hard to be flexible and promote a health work/home life balance and so, agile working options are automatically considered for all roles within the Trust.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) and candidates from our local communities.
Your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay and here are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
- Relocation allowance in line with the Trust policy
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Free staff car parking on all our hospital sites during this financial year
- In-house Physiotherapy Services
- Career development and training opportunities
- Emotional Wellbeing Service covering a range of online support, access to mobile apps and 24/7 counselling services
- Subsidised meals at our hospital restaurants
- Access to exclusive discounts, cashback and vouchers via NHS Discounts and Blue Light Card
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to Team North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Clinical Echo workload includes:
Standard Transthoracic, inpatient and outpatient service
Cardio-Oncology Echo service
Physiologist delivered contrast and bubble study service
Scientist and Cardiologist delivered Transoesophageal Echo service
Scientist and Cardiologist delivered stress echo service
Scientist and Physiologist led Valve Clinic service with capacity for on the day bike ergometry.
Community based Echo service across multiple sites
All complex echo services are provided from both of our acute hospital sitesPerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Registration in the Cardiology modality through the Registration Council For Clinical Physiologists or HCPC (with appropriate BSc (hons) in Clinical Physiology or recognised level of qualification in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement)
- BSE Accreditation
- At least 5 years' experience in all areas of invasive and non-invasive cardiology
- Proficient in specialist echo techniques.
- Ability to perform and report solo echo clinics
- Ability to perform, report and supervise all areas of echo
- Evidence of continuing professional development across a range of specialist clinical techniques and fields
- High degree of knowledge/clinical acumen in related medical fields
- Advanced knowledge of echo - including TOE, ACHD, physiologist-led valve clinics
- Sound interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to supervise, support and mentor staff in training including Specialist Registrars
- Professional appearance and behavior
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience at teaching formally/informally
North West Anglia NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Peterborough City Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.