The Hounslow Occupational Therapy Team are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic therapist to join the Children's Therapy Team. You will join an established team of Occupational Therapists working in an integrated service with Children's Physiotherapy and Children's Speech and Language Therapy.
We continually strive towards evidence based clinical practice. We provide services to children aged 0-19 years and their families with a diverse range of special needs including complex neurological disorders, developmental coordination disorders and autistic spectrum disorders. The post provides the opportunity to work in a number of different educational settings within mainstream schools.Main duties of the job
The post holder would be based at Specialist Units and Heart of Hounslow and will have to commute to schools within the borough.
We are able to offer:
- Peer support from an experienced and friendly teamo Strong multi-professional team working
- Opportunities to develop specialist clinical skills in a variety of settings
- A strong commitment to CPD and clinical effectiveness
- A comprehensive supervision and appraisal structure
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) provide a wide range of healthcare services for the population of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Hounslow.
The Clinical Services Directorates have a wide range of responsibilities to manage, including co-ordinating and delivering community primary care services on behalf of the Trust. A wide range of these healthcare services are delivered by staff in the community, who include medical staff, paediatric therapists, therapy assistants, health visitors, specialist nurses, nurses, nursery nurses, paediatric phlebotomists and healthcare support workers with the support of administrative staff working in localities with GPs, other health professionals, early years, education, and social care professionals.
The digitalisation of health services is underway with a requirement to become paper-light by 2023 through improving the use of digital tools and adopting mobile and agile working practices and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical delivery.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*****Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role*****Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience as a junior level Occupational Therapist
- Experience of working as part of an Occupational Therapy Team and / or multi-disciplinary team
Qualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Previous experience of working with children and their families
- Graduate Diploma / Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Registration with the Health Professions Council
- Some evidence of child development and neurodevelopmental stages and the role of occupation in childhood
- Evidence of relevant postgraduate CPD activities
- Member of the College of Occupational Therapy
- Ability to use clinical reasoning skills to analyse and interpret assessment findings and plan intervention
- Ability to manage own time and caseload
- Ability to work as a team member
- Some experience of supervising a student or OT assistant
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to use own iniiative
Employer detailsEmployer name
- committed to personal development
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Heart of Hounslow
92 Bath Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.