The Specialist dementia and frailty team provide a comprehensive assessment, diagnostic and treatment pathway supporting patients of any age with dementia as well as older adults , who have functional mental health needs with an associated age related frailty.
The successful candidate will be trustworthy, positive about change and will be passionate about the services we provide. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and autonomously, as well as part of a team therefore will need excellent verbal and written communication skills and will have excellent interpersonal skills and a zest for delivering the highest level of patient care and service delivery improvements.
You will be expected to work collaboratively with key partner organisations, service users, carers, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team in delivering services providing a 7-day a week, 24-hours a day service for 365 days a year working shifts where appropriate and operationally required. Please note: this is a community position and it is a requirement that you are able to drive and have access to a car for work purposesMain duties of the job
You will be working as a member the Mid -Dementia and Frailty Pathway in providing high quality, evidence-based, holistic care to patients in line with your professional code of conduct and Trust policies. You will assess, plan, implement and evaluate packages of care based upon individual service user needs, under the guidance of the Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
As required by your manager, you will have responsibility for the day to day supervision and management of junior team members within your professional group and team locality. This will include the management of these staff in line with agreed Trust HR processes.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments and review of care in line with the requirements of the mental health care clusters.
Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management
Experience in the performance management and supervision of lower banded staff
Excellent IT skills i.e. Word / Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Flexible approach to work
Current driving licence, ability to travel across sites and across Trust boundaries to attend meetings, etcPerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Registered Mental health Nurse ( RMN )
- Good standard of education
- Post graduate qualification or commitment to work towards this Non-medical prescribing qualification
- Registered general nurse RGN considered with Mental health experience
- Understanding of / and the ability to conduct assessments
- Understanding and the ability to support the team to meet their key performance indicators and contractual targets
- Excellent IT skills i.e. Word / Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge and understanding of health legislation, principles of CPA and Care Management, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act 1983 and safeguarding, the NHS Constitution, and risk assessment / management
- Knowledge of working with external agencies involved in the care of people with mental health problems.
- Knowledge of the physical health needs of service users and monitoring of same
- Working knowledge of the Paris and System one
- Good oral communication skills based on fluency on the English language
- Ability to manage and coordinate multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business / handover
- Undertake a range of clinical duties e.g. providing practical support and guidance to service users
- UK Driving Licence and access to a car for work purposes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Trust Core Values
- Capable of working under pressure and meet deadlines where required
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Crystal Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.